Pre release teaser Pics NE-R

M

MotorbikeMike

HI Guys, these are pics that were sent out to the dealers this week of the new NE-R.

I do NOT have exact dates as to when any will be in country, the thought is sometime late november, however it is about a 30 day boat ride from the land of their birth. Many things can change delivery scheduals.

There have been significant changes, maybe you can spot some of them? Word is that the first group or two will be all black, with colors to come.

I hope you like this "Sneak Peek"

Mike

Attachments

• 1.Left-Angle.jpg
    1.Left-Angle.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 456
  • 2RIGHT.jpg
    2RIGHT.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 437
  • 3RIGHT.jpg
    3RIGHT.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 4TACHS.JPG
    4TACHS.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 398
that's a very nice looking MB Mike

I have seen pictures of it before -- and have been wondering
what is the purpose of the large chrome piece between the tank and head ?

must say -- that's a head turner MB

ride that thing

Hey Mike:

Thanks for the Sneek Peek!

(BTW...what's the penalty for Industrial Espionage?) :D

I have three words to say about the looks of the NE-R:

I LIKE IT !

Although there are changes, at first glance it is unmistakably Whizzer!

How do I like it? Let me count the ways:

Disc Brakes
Huskier Tires
CVT Transmission (a mixed blessing?)
Tachometer
Motorcycle-style dual-clamp bars
Turn Signals (yawn)

I assume that the latest engine upgrades that were in the 2008 NE5 are in the NE-R.

Probably 20-30 pounds have been added over the NE5, but it would still be lighter than the Ambassador.

That chrome housing under the tank could be storage for a spare crankshaft...

Thanks, Mike!
HAL

Last edited:
Well, I will say that the finished bike sneak peek photos looks a darned sight better than the yellow prototype I saw in the spy shot. Now that the NE-R photos are out, I'll post the spy shot here.
There are two things I see that are cause for concern. One is the lack of cooling fins on the head (compared to the NE5) and the large chrome fairing that will very likely cut off some of the air flow to the head. That is a recipe for overheating. Another cause for concern is the very wide crankset for the pedals. It is supported in the center by a standard width bottom bracket, which means the bearings (and races) are going to have quite a bit more leverage applied to them than with a standard crank. Get some riders who are built like me, and it's likely to result in a bent crank, blown crank bearings or both.
Otherwise, it looks sharp!

Attachments

• 100_0562.jpg
    100_0562.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 373
new ne-r

HI Guys, these are pics that were sent out to the dealers this week of the new NE-R.

I do NOT have exact dates as to when any will be in country, the thought is sometime late november, however it is about a 30 day boat ride from the land of their birth. Many things can change delivery scheduals.

There have been significant changes, maybe you can spot some of them? Word is that the first group or two will be all black, with colors to come.

I hope you like this "Sneak Peek"

Mike
what do you mean by land of there birth? dont tell me whizzer has sold out to china too? at least this one has pedals! i love the old whizzers!!

With the CVT on there you can not pedal to get it started any more, IE the electric starter. You need a battery to push that so it must be in that large chrome cover under the tank, that will take some getting used to! I see what looks like a breather under the seat. I like the brakes, that is a well deserved addition. It has a triple crown now and no bicycle steering head. A motorcycle head lamp and the wires that are now in the chrome football. The bars are now motorcycle bars, with a cross brace and semi high rise? I wonder why the fins on the head look smaller, are they trying to get a flat head to run cleaner! like that will happen. I am not fond of the shorter exhaust system, looks like a hold over from the Ambassador. The left side of the engine looks cluttered, you have heard me say not too many times I wish we had a ByMatic two speed. Have fun, Dave

Hey Kilroy:

WOW!

That CVT drive on the yellow prototype looks more like a conveyor drive in a rock-crushing plant!

It's massiveness and complexity certainly doesn't represent the simplicity of the vintage Whizzers that I remember from the Jurassic Era!

Now I'm back to considering that unsold 2006 NE5, as you and Quenton are advising!

Oh yeah...there's also another 2006 NE5 (used) that I can get for $1200 out the door from an automotive/motorcycle repair shop. The man says it'll have to have a valve job because it only shows 70 pounds of compression, but the price will be the same after the rework.

The bike has less than 100 miles on it, and it needs that kind of work? The shop owner even put new tires on it, which seems strange with that mileage...

Should I trust this deal?

HAL

Last edited:
I see broken drive side crankshafts in that bikes future going by the last picture. Hang that kind of weight out that far out and those will be the risks. Especially if there is any CVT drive out of balance conditions or over tension on the belt.

Otherwise the bike looks OK to me. I do notice that the new released pictures show a chain going to the rear wheel so that CVT drive overhang may be less pronounced in the production version. I notice a vertical white plastic pcv tube behind the seat. Could this be the PCV vent system Lee developed to correct the oil all over the rear fender, tire, belt, frame and seat post coming out the breather vent issue we all experience? They mounted it too low, the bottom of the tube is too low from the way it looks in the picture. You must allow for the oil to drain back to the crank case or the vent tube will fill with oil

My set up...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2975442434_09bccb24ea_o_d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/2974588037_bb39cc1503_o_d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/2975442620_17fb703950_o_d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/2974588097_13046002b9_o_d.jpg

My novelty licence plate...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/2974588179_2d8bf8e158_o_d.jpg

Kep1a

Note: I had to do links because the [IMG} HTTP://{/IMG) code is turned off. Anyone know what I can do to get that code feature turned on so I can correct this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice a vertical white plastic pcv tube behind the seat. Could this be the PCV vent system Lee developed to correct the oil all over the rear fender, tire, belt, frame and seat post coming out the breather vent issue we all experience?

Good eye. That is exactly what you see. I wonder if they will ever give him credit for the design? I somehow doubt it.

Jim

Back