Predator 212 build - sprocket adapter slips and destroys spokes. Help!

What size is your drive sprocket?

It's hard for me to believe that your HIGH gear ratio works well for you. Even if you have a tiny 9-tooth drive sprocket, your final drive is only 4:1.

Granted, your Torq-Verter gears down to. 10.8:1. However, that's only at low speed. After that, you're dealing with 4:1 final drive.

In comparison, my 212 project will run thru a shift kit. My first gear is 10.5:1, comparable to your Torq-Verter. Final drive in seventh gear is 5.25:1.

How does your bike feel after your bike shifts out of gear?

Does it buck like a bronco?
I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about gear ratios haha. I probably should have. I have a Chinese Tav2 knock-off CVT with a 10T sprocket. The drive sprocket on my wheel is 36T. It takes off fast (enough to wheelie) and accelerates from 0 - 45 real quick. No issues climbing hills. I only weight 125 pounds so that might help a bit. After 50 it stops accelerating quickly and I doubt it would go much faster. Maybe 55 if I pinned it for a while. Either way it's more than fast enough for me. I've pulled the governor on the engine and installed an upgraded air filter and free-flowing exhaust. Valve float should occur at 5,300 RPM since I've left the springs stock but I don't think I've ever reached that RPM. Should I use a bigger rear sprocket or stick with what I have? Thanks!

JMO, the strongest sprocket connection would be the 4-bolt left-hand freewheel, sprocket and new hub.

You don't need the band brake in the kit.

You cannot reverse your existing wheel, as the right-hand freewheel would constantly spin.
I guess I would have to take the hub to a bike shop and ask them to make a rear wheel for me? Unfortunately I have no experience with bike wheels :(

I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about gear ratios haha. I probably should have. I have a Chinese Tav2 knock-off CVT with a 10T sprocket. The drive sprocket on my wheel is 36T. It takes off fast (enough to wheelie) and accelerates from 0 - 45 real quick. No issues climbing hills. I only weight 125 pounds so that might help a bit. After 50 it stops accelerating quickly and I doubt it would go much faster. Maybe 55 if I pinned it for a while. Either way it's more than fast enough for me. I've pulled the governor on the engine and installed an upgraded air filter and free-flowing exhaust. Valve float should occur at 5,300 RPM since I've left the springs stock but I don't think I've ever reached that RPM. Should I use a bigger rear sprocket or stick with what I have? Thanks!
If you go to a bigger sprocket, it will wheelie more.

Pin the adapter to the hub. Drill a hole in the adapter and thread in a grade 8 bolt and cut off the head, drill a hole in the hub the same size. Repeat for other side.
So I would rotate the wheel, take a RH threaded adapter, and drill it to the hub, correct? I just hope there would be enough room in the hub to drill holes for the adapter. I like the idea though.

I think you'd have to knurl the hub. They don't make them thinking anyone is putting an adapter on there.
I understand why the hub wouldn't be Knurled. But if ya Knurled the hub adapter it should work.

Huge monster if that ever falls over it's gonna break both your legs and if your working below at the time your neck and your skull.
A Harley frame might not be as risky.
It's honestly NOT that big lol. The engine and everything weights about 50 pounds. I weigh 125. It's a heck of a lot lighter than a standard size dirtbike or cruiser motorcycle. I fell off the bike (then the bike fell on me) once when I was trying to install the engine and it wasn't bad at all. Feels like 60 pounds on you. I was completely fine. On the other hand, my older cousin and I were riding a 250 dirtbike and we slipped in mud and the bike fell on us. That was not so pleasant, it was pretty hard to get it back up and off of us.

I have seen hub adapters (modified) bolted to the wheel hub by the spokes to keep the hub adapter from slipping But ya need a hub with a wide Dia. flange

Back