Predator 212 rear drive

bike4life

Local time
9:47 AM
Work in progress. I accidentally broke one of the spokes with the welding electrode as I touched it by accident and it melted, so I welded it back together... where do you even buy spokes or you make your own out of wire.... I think they also depend on tire size too...
The engine will be bolted into a plate steel which will be attached to this angle iron frame thing. The welds are better though then it the photos. My welder has a lil trouble with 6010, and i did most of the tacks and stuff with that, and then ill add photos of the 7018. The 7018 is nice and flows well and looks good... Yes and lol, this machine is running of 2x 120v -15a sockets on different phases combo/series so a lil underpowered and sketch i guess...

Attachments

• 16B0135E-4C39-4CBD-A6BE-7FCA751AF877.jpeg
    16B0135E-4C39-4CBD-A6BE-7FCA751AF877.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 716A575C-4BE9-4851-8053-BC6795C7940B.jpeg
    716A575C-4BE9-4851-8053-BC6795C7940B.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 1B0E1D4B-918C-4EDD-985F-4E283B966619.jpeg
    1B0E1D4B-918C-4EDD-985F-4E283B966619.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 7E986C7C-4D46-420A-9F79-1F332E6E143B.jpeg
    7E986C7C-4D46-420A-9F79-1F332E6E143B.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Work in progress. I accidentally broke one of the spokes with the welding electrode as I touched it by accident and it melted, so I welded it back together... where do you even buy spokes or you make your own out of wire.... I think they also depend on tire size too...
The engine will be bolted into a plate steel which will be attached to this angle iron frame thing. The welds are better though then it the photos. My welder has a lil trouble with 6010, and i did most of the tacks and stuff with that, and then ill add photos of the 7018. The 7018 is nice and flows well and looks good... Yes and lol, this machine is running of 2x 120v -15a sockets on different phases combo/series so a lil underpowered and sketch i guess...
looks good, cant wait to see the results

Re-welded spokes aside, looks like a much better design and safer than your pusher trailer.

Be careful always going straight to welding though - sometimes a plate and bolts are the smarter choice for ease of repairs if you ever need to remove something.

Re-welded spokes aside, looks like a much better design and safer than your pusher trailer.

Be careful always going straight to welding though - sometimes a plate and bolts are the smarter choice for ease of repairs if you ever need to remove something.
thats a good point. The "constants" are welded. But i know the engine will need to be able to move around depending if i need to tighten the chain or swap out torque converters to align with the sprocket and to ensure parrell and perpendicularity. therefore, there mounting plate and such will have slots drilled out for adjustment and will be bolted to an angle iron section and not welded...

Need a spoke? That wheel is very common. Being right after Christmas. You might find an old bike in the trash.
You'll be able to salvage some parts. That's how I got all my bike stuff when I was young. Dumpster diving.
Today when I park my RV and camp at the beach. Sometimes I'll find an old bike in the dumpster.
Once a dumpster diver always a dumpster diver. Bikes get so rusty at the beach.
I've rebuilt one my old beach bikes 3 times. Free used parts

huh, just use a tap and die set.... i am sure you can buy like 1/8"-20tpi or some odd size or whatever it is....
Nope, doesnt work.

Spoke threads are rolled, not cut, so they are different from threads made using a die which are created by removing material. Rolled threads take a smooth bar/spoke that is squeezed into threads which means the threaded portion is a slightly larger OD than the rest of the spoke, when a die cut thread is slightly smaller OD.

They won't thread on properly due to the side difference, and if you force them on its much weaker and likely to break right at the nipple since cutting the threads makes for a smaller and weaker joint. The first thread valley becomes a weak point, not only being smaller and stressed compared to the rest of the spoke but also often at an angle compared to the nipple so its weaker at one of the most stressed points of the whole wheel.

Nope, doesnt work.

Spoke threads are rolled, not cut, so they are different from threads made using a die which are created by removing material. Rolled threads take a smooth bar/spoke that is squeezed into threads which means the threaded portion is a slightly larger OD than the rest of the spoke, when a die cut thread is slightly smaller OD.

They won't thread on properly due to the side difference, and if you force them on its much weaker and likely to break right at the nipple since cutting the threads makes for a smaller and weaker joint. The first thread valley becomes a weak point, not only being smaller and stressed compared to the rest of the spoke but also often at an angle compared to the nipple so its weaker at one of the most stressed points of the whole wheel.
i guess you learn something new everyday. Thats kinda werid, it seems logical for a manufacturer to just cut it and thread it but no, they had to do this.... lol

Almost done!!!! Now i am thinking I should have used a predator 13hp. It would have fit, i have all this extra space, LOL. I took the governor off this thing, should get around 9hp?

Attachments

• 86015108-7476-4004-991E-328192361CDB.jpeg
    86015108-7476-4004-991E-328192361CDB.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited: