Predator 212 shift kit possibility?

Aha!
xspade, you and I are trying to do the same thing!
212cc thru a shift kit.
The guys here and the other forum think we're crazy to try, and that 212cc engines will destroy the multispeed chain, derailleur and cassette gears.
We'll prove them right.....or very wrong.
I couldn't get the Predator, so I bought one claiming Lifan heritage.
What kind bike and how many speeds? Mine is the Sixthreezero extended cruiser with 7 speeds, 28t/14t. Count the teeth on your
biggest and smallest gears on the cassette. I'll help you choose sprockets, if you like.
Do NOT buy the TorqVerter. With multiple gears, you don't need it.
Please post pics.
You have the same bike I built with a 212cc engine on it. I got a little under 500 miles with that dinky 7-speed cassette which I never
even used. The 212cc ruined the bearings on the cassette side and I also had problems keeping the CNC Hub Adapter from rotating
even after it was locked with red loktite and even JB-welded. I removed the wheel and finally bought a set of mag wheels which cured
that problem. I use a CVT and don't peddle that heavy bike so the peddles/chain are only on it to keep the cops happy.

Pull the plug and turn the engine so the piston is at BDC, then feed some 1/4 rope/cord into plug hole and leave a good portion out tho. Turn the motor to compress the rope against the valves, now you can change springs.
:D That's an Ole Timer Trick with HP V8's!

So I got the gas tank on. Pulled the rope three times and it started up. I'm not sure I'm gonna keep this frame. Sadly the rear fork is bent and I can't get the crank off.

Can anyone suggest a good chain tensioner I can order for it?
This one is idiot-proof from going into the spokes!

Attachments

• Tensioner.png
    Tensioner.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 96
Just go mad max style like I did. Do it because it's the best way to learn and figure everything out while not giving a crap about how many mistakes are made because it ends up being a monstrosity of a bike/trike but also cool in its own way. I did a bike from a 20" bmx bike with a predator 212cc. Never fell apart on me but the 3/4" jackshaft snapped in half one day and then I just tore it apart and Frankensteined this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_161303_724.jpg
    IMG_20211023_161303_724.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 83
Back