Predator 212 shift kit possibility?

Well I had it mounted already and I had it as short as possible without being too tight and I needed the tensioner so I think I'm gonna order the 3/4 shaft, bearings and sprockets cuz I'm determined to get that crank arm off so I can put the 4 stroke chain rings and freewheel on there. I want to try a shifter kit on it.

LOL, you're all over the place.

If you're set on using a shift kit, abandon the left-side drive train installation and tensioner.

Your choice of jack shaft sprockets and gear ratios changes when you use shift kit.

Just use the 5/8" jack shaft, if you have it.

I have suggestions for your crank:

If the crank bolt head is rounded, weld another bolt onto it, then unbolt it.

If that doesn't work, cut the pedal arm off, then remove the bottom bracket(BB).

Inquire with machinists, how much they'd charge you to remove the bolt and re-thread the BB shaft.

If the cost is high, just order a new BB cartridge.

Last edited:
LOL, you're all over the place.

If you're set on using a shift kit, abandon the left-side drive train installation and tensioner.

Your choice of jack shaft sprockets and gear ratios changes when you use shift kit.

Just use the 5/8" jack shaft, if you have it.

I have suggestions for your crank:

If the crank bolt head is rounded, weld another bolt onto it, then unbolt it.

If that doesn't work, cut the pedal arm off, then remove the bottom bracket(BB).

Inquire with machinists, how much they'd charge you to remove the bolt and re-thread the BB shaft.

If the cost is high, just order a new BB cartridge.
Yeah I really am all over the place. It's my ADHD. Sorry about that. So the only reason i hadn't abonded the left side drive chain is because the crank arms stripped. So to solve my gas tank problem, I ordered a gas tank frame(frame only) for the predator 212cc build I'm going to transfer everything on the current bike it will solve my crank arm and gas tank problem. So I can also continue with my shifter kit on the build as well. I have plenty of bottom brackets for the chain rings. Also I ordered a crankcase cover and jackshaft mounting bolts. The last things I'll need to order for it I think is the chain guard for the jackshaft, a rear 203mm disk brake adapter and maybe a banana bike seat

Sometimes buying more stuff to replace other stuff doesn't solve the problem.:(
Wow. I can't believe you bought a gas tank frame to solve your gas tank situation.
Thousands of MBers use the $20 peanut tank.
If that doesn't suit you, they have flat tanks that bolt onto a rear rack.
On my last build, I bolted a 4-liter peanut tank onto my rear rack.
Are you sure the gas tank frame accepts multi-speed rear hubs for the shift kit?
If you place the jack shaft under the front of the motor mount, you won't need a jack shaft guard.
The jack shaft will be far away from your body.
You also won't need the aluminum "transmission" jack shaft plate.

Something to consider.:)

Last edited:
I got an idea about your stripped crank arm.
Just cut the shaft.
Replace the bottom bracket and crank pedal.

Your ADHD issue might be causing you to be hasty and careless in threading and tightening your
fasteners.

Parts that need careful attention are the bottom bracket, the pedal arms, foot pedals, etc.

Take your time.:)

Sometimes buying more stuff to replace other stuff doesn't solve the problem.:(
Wow. I can't believe you bought a gas tank frame to solve your gas tank situation.
Thousands of MBers use the $20 peanut tank.
If that doesn't suit you, they have flat tanks that bolt onto a rear rack.
On my last build, I bolted a 4-liter peanut tank onto my rear rack.
Are you sure the gas tank frame accepts multi-speed rear hubs for the shift kit?
If you place the jack shaft under the front of the motor mount, you won't need a jack shaft guard.
The jack shaft will be far away from your body.
You also won't need the aluminum "transmission" jack shaft plate.

Something to consider.:)
It was more than just the gas tank issue. I dont have anything to cut of the crank arm and the rear forks are bent. I wanted to get the gas tank frame anyhow. I just haven't been able to.

I'm also okay with the bike not having a shifter kit. I was unsure if the frame I was using was going to be strong enough for the predator as well. But I have 3 motors that need a frame to be built on.

I'll figure it out. Thanks for your opinion.

No problem.

I'm picking up a few tips from your 212 build.
Well success at least I got the crank arm off and new chaining and freewheel setup!!

Now I have this freewheel already. Can I use it on the current rims?? Shouldnt be a problem right?
15946080771223846609150105853657.jpg
15946082885206941837571713979.jpg
15946081277102679107046462891352.jpg
15946081505567228584105686120279.jpg

As long as the frame's straight and the sprockets line up.

Be advised that some 5 to 7 speeds aren't cassettes. They're thread-on freewheels.

You cannot mix casserrtes and freewheel hubs.

Back