Predator 212 shift kit possibility?

xspade17x

Local time
4:40 AM
I have a predator 212 with a jack shaft on it well the bar with the sprockets is 10 inches which makes it perfect to put my freewheel chaining from my 2 stroke shifter kit I have. So I want to put it on there. It comes out to 8.5 gear ratio. And I got the super heavy duty one that's $119 or whatever from sickbikeparts.com. would that work or is it gonna break? I already have the motor mounted I can post pics

Last edited:
Aha!
xspade, you and I are trying to do the same thing!
212cc thru a shift kit.
The guys here and the other forum think we're crazy to try, and that 212cc engines will destroy the multispeed chain, derailleur and cassette gears.
We'll prove them right.....or very wrong.
I couldn't get the Predator, so I bought one claiming Lifan heritage.
What kind bike and how many speeds? Mine is the Sixthreezero extended cruiser with 7 speeds, 28t/14t. Count the teeth on your
biggest and smallest gears on the cassette. I'll help you choose sprockets, if you like.
Do NOT buy the TorqVerter. With multiple gears, you don't need it.
Please post pics.

Last edited:
Will you run without governor?
I'll use a governor to begin with.
What's your top speed?
I'm gearing for 50mph @ 3600rpm.
I believe your shaft is 5/8" diameter, yes?
Unsure if yours will bend under 212 power. Use it, since you have it, i guess.
I'll buy 3/4" jackshaft

Will you run without governor?
I'll use a governor to begin with.
What's your top speed?
I'm gearing for 50mph @ 3600rpm.
I believe your shaft is 5/8" diameter, yes?
Unsure if yours will bend under 212 power. Use it, since you have it, i guess.
I'll buy 3/4" jackshaft
I took the govenor out already. Yes I have the 5/8 inch shaft. I'm kinda stuck with my predator 212 build. I don't have the right rims and tires for it but I did finally get it on a frame. That fits great and I have mountain bike forks on it for the disk brake mount with a hydraulic brake installed. But everything else is on pause till I can get the right rims and tires

In this period of high unemployment, smoking deals are everywhere.
Craigslist and yard sales are where it's at.
Place an add on CG or on the forums: "Wanted....."
I would keep building and not wait for the wheels and tires.
The deals will come.

I just put in a arc billet flywheel. Next I'm doing the valve springs. My jack shaft is setup but I'm undecided on the shift kit. I got the 4 stroke bottom bracket kit from sick bike parts. But the spindle doesnt fit. I got the 203mm rotars in the mail as well as the adapter so the brakes will fit. I think that being that the govenor is removed and that I replaced the billet flywheel and valve springs. I'm not gonna put the shifter kit on it as much as I want to. Although I did get my rims and tires you were right the deals did come. Lol
20200627_135729.jpg
20200627_135736.jpg
20200627_135745.jpg

xxspade17x, you're doing well, and so quickly.

How's that muffler location working for you?

Im using a 3/4" threaded flange, and will use route flex pipe frontwards, hopefully tucking under the 212 engine, then along the chainstays.

Where will you locate your fuel tank?

xxspade17x, you're doing well, and so quickly.

How's that muffler location working for you?

Im using a 3/4" threaded flange, and will use route flex pipe frontwards, hopefully tucking under the 212 engine, then along the chainstays.

Where will you locate your fuel tank?
I'm okay with the muffler for now. I'll probably upgrade later. I'm really indecisive on where to put the fuel tank. I may have to order one. I'm not sure yet. Right now. I'm having trouble installing the new valve springs. I'll post pics of the problem I'm having in a few

I do have to say predator 212cc builds are not easy. I've had this project going for 3 months or so. (Rough estimate ) since getting the engine I've learned so much that I wish I knew going into building this bike. I've had to trial and error a few frames and so many parts. But once I get the valve springs in I'm actually nearing the finish of it. I hope it's worth all the effort I put into it. Lol

Back