Predator 212cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'll be doing the valve springs. I dont have a lot of money. But I know the springs are kinda necessary. I dont have the money for the stage 1 upgrade. I'll barely have enough for the valve springs and the jackshaft kit. I already disabled the oil sensor. So would this mounting position on this frame be okay? I'll be adding extra oil. I dont have the mount yet but I do have room to move it upward on the left side.
20200417_124646.jpg

Personally I would not do valve springs until you can afford the billet flywheel. I know a lot of people do it anyway, but the stock cast flywheel is only made for 3600rpm and is not safe at 5k+ which is where a 212 with gov removed and valve springs will be spinning to. Most kart tracks will not let a 212 even race unless it has a billet flywheel.

Plenty of people do it anyway, and most say "around 5k" is the safe limit, but I have seen a flywheel grenade on a gokart and its not something I would want to happen between my legs. Stock valve springs float around 4500 and act as a rev limiter which is much safer for the flywheel and rod.

That mounting position is fine. Will likely need a smaller sprocket 3pc wide crank though.

Okay I'll be doing the valve springs. I dont have a lot of money. But I know the springs are kinda necessary. I dont have the money for the stage 1 upgrade. I'll barely have enough for the valve springs and the jackshaft kit. I already disabled the oil sensor. So would this mounting position on this frame be okay? I'll be adding extra oil. I dont have the mount yet but I do have room to move it upward on the left side. View attachment 94598
That looks a lot better, your running a mikuni correct? As the intake mount should give you enough to get the carb decently level.

Ive had good luck just removing the govener and slapping some springs in there. Revved mine close to 6k with zero problems. But id stay on the safe side and ride it a few times before trying to attempt a land speed record.

I believe your going to need to make a better exhuast. Id cut the muffler off use some fiber fix high temp and a few hose clamps on a water heater pipe (with the 3/4 in emt fitting) then get a 5$ 3/4 briggs muffler. Should cost you around 20$ all said and done.

Its main advantage that it wouldn't burn you **** off and it sounds badass at the same time! Plus you get some more power compared to stock

Okay. So I now have $300 to spend on parts. Can you guys give me the best route to put this engine on that red frame for $300? I have the mount coming in the mail. I'm gonna order a minuki carb. And the stage 1 upgrade and the jackshaft setup. What else? I'll have about $100 bucks left

Well I actually might just order an exhaust not a stage 1 upgrade cuz the minuki comes with a air intake setup
I would just do exhaust header, mikuni, valve springs, and billet flywheel. The bike will be the limiting factor on your mods.

Can't spend too much on motor mods for a 212 on a stock bicycle since it will just break stuff...it gets VERY expensive once you pass that basic bolt-on stage because the brakes, wheels, forks, tires, etc need to be much better than normal bicycle parts.

I would just do exhaust header, mikuni, valve springs, and billet flywheel. The bike will be the limiting factor on your mods.

Can't spend too much on motor mods for a 212 on a stock bicycle since it will just break stuff...it gets VERY expensive once you pass that basic bolt-on stage because the brakes, wheels, forks, tires, etc need to be much better than normal bicycle parts.
I'm gonna have to do the billet flywheel and springs when I get more money. I ordered the minuki, the jackshaft kit, a 35 chain for the the in I have 415 for the out. I got a #35 21 in and a 9 out. The 9 is 415. I got the 10 In 5/8 in shaft. Gives me 8.400 ratio. I'm gonna put this setup on a dyno duece fireball (which the frame is identical to the red one i showed with the engine in it but black but I'll be using front and back rims as I showed the red rims earlier. The front forks were modified to one with shocks and a manufactured spot for disk brakes. The front rim already has the disk on it. I also ordered an adapter that will make use of my chinagirl exhaust a cnc adapter for the 212 predator. Which I saw a pic of it and it was identical to the setup I'm doing so it's perfect. I also order a throttle & cable with on off kill switch for the minuki Also I f***ed up the spark plug and coil so I ordered replacements. I think that's it. Any suggestions anyone? I'll post pics as I go.

Since this is your first 212 build. I suggest before you spend any money up grading the engine, Mount it stock get it running and start riding. While your riding and having fun, research and buy all the performance parts your gonna want. By then you might even pick out another frame and make a monster 212 bike. Looking forward to seeing you finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back