Predator 212cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this mounted fine? I can post better lighted pics if needed
20200420_225812.jpg
20200420_225825.jpg

I can use stock carburetor mounted like this?

Assuming your legs can clear the intake and exhaust with it mounted that high and close to the seat it will work.

Nice, make sure you get the one like that with the brace, verify the tube wall thickness, and run it as low as you can to be safe. There are a lot of super s**tty posts floating around with very thin walls that will bend if you hit a speedbump while sitting, especially if mounted high up with more leverage. This isn't my pic but is an example.

If you have a welder it is SUPER easy to take a stock seat post, cut a 45* (or whatever amount you want) angle, rotate the top part, then reweld it back together with a brace to make your own super strong laid back seat post. This is one I did with a Hyper post but I've made a ton with different style braces and angles...that brace is actually a piece of the baffle from the stock muffler I cut out LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_20190126_1110550.jpg
    IMG_20190126_1110550.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 150
Nice, make sure you get the one like that with the brace, verify the tube wall thickness, and run it as low as you can to be safe. There are a lot of super sh**ty posts floating around with very thin walls that will bend if you hit a speedbump while sitting, especially if mounted high up with more leverage. This isn't my pic but is an example.
View attachment 94772

If you have a welder it is SUPER easy to take a stock seat post, cut a 45* (or whatever amount you want) angle, rotate the top part, then reweld it back together with a brace to make your own super strong laid back seat post. This is one I did with a Hyper post but I've made a ton with different style braces and angles...that brace is actually a piece of the baffle from the stock muffler I cut out LOL.
View attachment 94774
Thank you I appreciate your advice. cuz I probably would have just bought whatever seatpost I could find. I really need to get a welder it would help in many of the builds I have done.

So I got my jack shaft plate in the mail finally. I kinda wanna buy a frame that this motor would be better suited for that already has good brakes. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Sorry, I joined this thread late.

How does your jack plate fit? You never know until you finally choose your engine location.

Same with buying a mount, even a an adjustable one.

What works for me is using angle iron and 1/4" aluminum plate. Choose the spot you think your engine fits well. Stick the plate under the engine, then place the angle iron brackets. Temporarily secure everything, then eyeball where your jackshaft will have a good shot to your centrifugal clutch AND the wheel sprocket. Check for exhaust and carb clearance.
If everything clears, weld or bolt everything on, for the perfect and cheapest motor mount.

Last edited:
For the jackshaft, I'd suggest upgrading to 3/4" sprockets and shaft. Your 212 is brutally forceful; why take a chance? The jackplate's 5/8" bearing should be easily replaced.

You mentioned shooting for 8.5:1 gear ratio. Would you consider smaller jackshaft sprockets and a large wheel sprocket?

For 8.5 ratio, how about 10t clutch w/21t matching cog, then 10t jack w/40t wheel sprocket?
Or 10t/21t and 9t/36t?
Both combinations come to 8.4:1 gear ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back