Predator 79cc Schwinn Meridian Ideas

WTHRZ

Local time
7:50 PM
Hi, I'm an absolute newbie currently when it comes to Motorbike stuff. Beginning of this year I had a friend-of-a-friend Predator 79cc 4stroke engine put on my Schwinn Meridian trike. Everything to my knowledge is stock, but I'd like to try my own hand at my project and get a bit more out of it if I can.

There are bolt-on kits just for that. I bought one from one of the sellers. Includes engine, clutch, and all the usual stuff to get you started.

But...

If you want more of a challenge you can put a sprocket on the axle and center the engine instead of a pineapple sprocket adapter. And you will want to look at beefing up the front brakes.

I have gathered all parts I need for this same project. But as of today, I can't build it due to my still getting used to being amputated in my left hand. And there are some youtube videos on how to do either way of mounting the final drive.

Hi, I'm an absolute newbie currently when it comes to Motorbike stuff. Beginning of this year I had a friend-of-a-friend Predator 79cc 4stroke engine put on my Schwinn Meridian trike. Everything to my knowledge is stock, but I'd like to try my own hand at my project and get a bit more out of it if I can.

This just shows a trike with the standard bolt-on engine kit installed. Best watched on mute.

And here is a version of moving the sprocket.

I took a couple of pictures of my cent. clutch here. The clutch gets stuck at times, which might also be why my motor is having bogging and dying issues. To me, it looks pretty rough. Could I still clean it, or is it beyond repair and needs replacement?
20220906_170805.jpg
20220906_170850.jpg

I took a couple of pictures of my cent. clutch here. The clutch gets stuck at times, which might also be why my motor is having bogging and dying issues. To me, it looks pretty rough. Could I still clean it, or is it beyond repair and needs replacement?View attachment 179566View attachment 179567
you have to oil the clutch bearing before riding.
when the clutch gets hot it will burn off any oxidation so cleaning is not needed.

you have to oil the clutch bearing before riding.
when the clutch gets hot it will burn off any oxidation so cleaning is not needed.
Does that mean that before each ride, I need to take off the wheel, sprocket, & chain or is there another way to access the clutch directly? Seems like a lot of work just to ride the thing.
20220906_155921.jpg
20220906_155918.jpg

Does that mean that before each ride, I need to take off the wheel, sprocket, & chain or is there another way to access the clutch directly? Seems like a lot of work just to ride the thing.View attachment 179639View attachment 179638
The chain should have a master link to get the chain off, then it's one bolt on the clutch.

That chain could use a soak overnight in a can of vinegar, then wash it down with some brake clean. Soak it in some 30w for awhile then reinstall.

The chain should have a master link to get the chain off, then it's one bolt on the clutch.

That chain could use a soak overnight in a can of vinegar, then wash it down with some brake clean. Soak it in some 30w for awhile then reinstall.
I see what you mean now, thank you.

Back