Predator on a Huffy Cranbrook

Not entirely finished yet, rode for the second time in 2 days, did 10 miles this time.

I bought my cranbrook at walmart last year, when i was there today i noticed that the frames have changed on the cranbrooks they have on the floor, seat tube has a back bend a couple of inches above the bottom bracket, maybe more room for motor? and i thought the tubing look like a bigger diameter?

Attachments

• 20180718_205441.jpg
    20180718_205441.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 20180718_205425.jpg
    20180718_205425.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 247
About your 3/8” motor mount plat, did you slot it to slide the motor? Or sideways slots?........Curt

I made the motor mount last year so i don't remember which part of the mounting system got the slots, but yes there are slots for forward and back adjustments, there is also some side clearance to match up chain drive lines.
I do remember that the threaded mounting hole locations on the motors bottom were off location from the manual specs, 1 or 2mm i recall.

I could remove one of the bolts and let you know which component i slotted if it helps?

After thinking about it, the slots are in the .25" alum angle, if they had been in motor plate it would of had to been made longer to allow clearance for fasteners next to engine block throughout adjustment range.

Nice work. I like the mounting plate/bracket design. Did you shape it by hand or CNC? It looks so good I can’t tell.

Back