Predator on a Huffy Cranbrook

Motor is mounted to a.375 in thick alum plate, mounted to 2 1.50 x 1.50 angle x .250 thick. The alum is 6061. The frame mounts were profiled to reduce weight and are mirror image of each other and are installed on either side of frame tubes with fasteners to pinch the tubes between them, the motor plate was also profiled to minimize weight

Attachments

• 20180712_170301.jpg
    20180712_170301.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 20180712_170323.jpg
    20180712_170323.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 291
Motor is mounted to a.375 in thick alum plate, mounted to 2 1.50 x 1.50 angle x .250 thick. The alum is 6061. The frame mounts were profiled to reduce weight and are mirror image of each other and are installed on either side of frame tubes with fasteners to pinch the tubes between them, the motor plate was also profiled to minimize weight
I think I am going to have to find another option as I do not have an expansive workshop where I can just whip up an engine mount.

cozmik, can you offer some insight on your fork and front brake set up?
Do you think the strap brake, refer to pics, on the driven sprocket of my pto is a viable option for a rear brake?

cozmik, can you offer some insight on your fork and front brake set up?
Do you think the strap brake, refer to pics, on the driven sprocket of my pto is a viable option for a rear brake?
I don't have any knowledge regarding the strap brake. Please report back here on the results of your testing of it.

Notice in pics 3 and 4 the strap brake in mock up, do you think this is a good option?

I tried a "bandbrake" on my rear wheel (came with the freewheel sprocket hub) and it was worse than useless. While yours looks a lot more substantial, there's a reason these were abandoned in the early part of the last century. I'd go with a disc on the wheel, but since you've got it in place, give it a try.

"bandbrake" Run on jack shaft gives you a reduction same as your sprocket ratio, also a small disk there would do the same thing. Lawn and Garden tractor have a small disk on there transmissions, some as small as 2 1/2", but is run through gear reduction. It is a good way to hid a rear brake, but also put a big strain on rear sprocket, must have good mount................Curt

I have a 4 1/2 inch band brake on the jackshaft of my bike, it will slow my bike down but it won't stop it, but my bike is also very heavy

Where did you find the plans for this motor mount?

Back