Predator Torque Converter Clutch Kit 212cc

chrisallen

Local time
6:30 AM
Hello
I bought a Predator 212cc Torque Converter Clutch Kit for my motorized bicycle and in videos of others of these installed on bicycles the sprocket is mounted on the back side of the plate not between the clutch and the plate. This is how I need mine installed to line up with rear sprocket but can find nothing on how people are doing this. Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? Need to order a different type of shaft. Please help I am feeling really stupid at the moment.

Ist pic is where I need to install it.
2nd pic is where I dont want it
3rd pic good example
Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_155234.jpg
    IMG_20180915_155234.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_20180915_155316.jpg
    IMG_20180915_155316.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 474
  • 212cc-image.jpg
    212cc-image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 1,918
Last edited:
Is there a snap ring or a set screw in the kit? So those pics aren't your transmission right ? just look for the sprocket and put her on. Might be a key and or a set screw or snap ring. I'm building a 212cc mini chopper.

Yes my shaft has a snap ring at the end that is non threaded. Even if I took the ring off my sprocket would not fit on that end. The shaft that came with my kit gets thicker about 2 thirds of the way down and the key way only goes that far also so no way of holding sprocket in place. I have put a pic of the shaft on reply. The sprocket will only go down to where lines are then the shaft is bigger in diameter.

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_200914.jpg
    IMG_20180915_200914.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 531
you order the wrong torque converter. those are for go karts not for motorized bikes.

Your shaft is probably 3/4" diameter on the pulley side, and 5/8" on the sprocket.

You might have to buy another sprocket with a larger bore.

The simplest solution is to replace the shaft, grooved end-to-end for a keyway.

If the new shaft's not threaded at the ends, 2-piece locking collars can secure the pulley and sprocket.

Last edited:
On Ebay.
You might want to buy a 14" long one, in case you need to add support on the inboard end.
What I'd do is install the inboard sprocket and locking collar, then cut the shaft to size. Keep the excess.
If you feel you really do need support, then replace the short shaft with the piece you had cut off, then hang the bearing and retainer.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you run into width issues, you can save some width by drilling the gear and jackshaft for a roll pin and eliminating the locking collar.

If you run into width issues, you can save some width by drilling the gear and jackshaft for a roll pin and eliminating the locking collar.
Orrr, you could WELD the sprocket onto the shaft.
My 16-tooth go kart sprocket has a tapered 1/2" bore. To adapt it to my 3/4" jackshaft, it's simpler and more secure to bore the sprocket to fit, then weld it on.

Back