Preferred oil

Yeah my Lucas is also smokeless even at 25:1.
I was just asking if this was a common thing with the Wally brand, I mix some up for a buddy and was amazed with how smoky it was.
run walmart at 32:1 -50:1. good stuff, no smoke or very very little at those levels if you are tuned correctly.

I add some blendzall 455 to that ( the lucas semi 2 stroke air cooled oil), and I will run my engines full throttle red line, for quite the straight away distance, when racing friends. Never had a failure, even though she'll be screaming her guts out as I'm pounding on her. My buddies can't figure out why I can beat the tar out of my bikes and they last forever, and they try it and soon to need a new engine. lol. That extra castor in the mix really saves on cylinder wear if you are rough on the engines.
What's the deal with castor oil, why is it such a talked about oil/conversation discussion. I just recently bought some maxima927 castor oil but yet to try it. It seems like I only ever used to hear about castor oil on my westerns. Think the old timers used it to clean the body out. Why does it have such good wear properties? That maxima927 oil should I run it straight or blend it with some opti-2 oil.

What's the deal with castor oil, why is it such a talked about oil/conversation discussion. I just recently bought some maxima927 castor oil but yet to try it. It seems like I only ever used to hear about castor oil on my westerns. Think the old timers used it to clean the body out. Why does it have such good wear properties? That maxima927 oil should I run it straight or blend it with some opti-2 oil.
Castor turns into different polymeric chains as temps rise, becoming more and more resistant to heat. Basically it turns in to a few different types of natural plastics which creating a layer over the surfaces and at the temps, it acts like a barrier lubricant. It also runs to heat, instead of away from it like almost all other oils. Hotter the temps get, better castor works. Down side is it leaves the coating, and needs to be cleaned off now and then, but with todays formulas, the cleaning part is reduced majorly.

Castor turns into different polymeric chains as temps rise, becoming more and more resistant to heat. Basically it turns in to a few different types of natural plastics which creating a layer over the surfaces and at the temps, it acts like a barrier lubricant. It also runs to heat, instead of away from it like almost all other oils. Hotter the temps get, better castor works. Down side is it leaves the coating, and needs to be cleaned off now and then, but with todays formulas, the cleaning part is reduced majorly.
Ok it kinda works on the same principle as PTFE the more & longer you use it, the greater or better the protective barrier it creates.

Ok it kinda works on the same principle as PTFE the more & longer you use it, the greater or better the protective barrier it creates.
PTFE is crap compared to Castor. Especially if you have oil filters in involved. The PTFE just gets filtered out clogging the filter. Plus castor isn't toxic to the environment.

PTFE is crap compared to Castor. Especially if you have oil filters in involved. The PTFE just gets filtered out clogging the filter. Plus castor isn't toxic to the environment.
Well I was just using it as a example, it bonds thru usage & heat, kinda like the castor oil does. I know it's totally different than the castor oil.

I want to switch, have wanted to for a while. Buts its expensive and probably only gunna get more expensive.

Gas is 3.80 here in montana, 6.50 in parkdale oregon for regular!

I want to switch, have wanted to for a while. Buts its expensive and probably only gunna get more expensive.

Gas is 3.80 here in montana, 6.50 in parkdale oregon for regular!
If you don't wrap it out all the time for long long stretches, Walmart oil is plenty good. If you just beat on it a little and cruise mainly, Walmart oil is just fine. I used it for years, then I built a shifter I beat the snot out of, and just wanted the castor smell and protections for those long hot pulls. Otherwise the castor really adds nothing but gunk to clean. Nice to have that safety net for when I am being stupid t my engines.

Whichever one makes the most smoke....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-204832.png
    Screenshot_20220307-204832.png
    607.3 KB · Views: 118
Back