Pressurized fuel system

Lmao I don't know why I waste my time in here, after the amount of rubbishing I took in one post, and all I ever read is stupid Ideas, and any imformation given is either just discarded or the threads are never read properly and people argue.

Is every one here brain dead,

LMAO anyway your wrong, nissan EXA N12, the first model had the E15ET turbo motor, it was centre point injection

Geez ,Sorry mate =I stand corrected.

Wow ,
I appreciated your input Phil, and took it on..

anyway your wrong said:
Sorry about that miss quote..

anyway , are you going to teach me about the
daihatsu charade??

, or is my IDEA a complete and utter waste of any thing relevant ????

Geez , ideas are great, just because YOU KNOW, dosent mean every one else cant share & learn....

Take a tablet mate, and chill!.

Jase

Got to laugh!!

Never complicate things when simple will explain it.

Think about this- if you had to drain your tank and removed the fuel hose at the carb- how fast does the fuel flow out? Mine will empty the tank in a couple of minutes. That's 1/2 gallon of fuel flow in no more than 120 seconds. Now- no matter how hard you ride your bike, can you use up and entire tank in 120 seconds? That is how much fuel could flow into your engine if it could use it.

What does this mean? Gravity provides plenty of fuel flow (assuming a tank above the carb). If you are getting fuel starved, the flow rate from the tank is not the problem (assuming a clean system).

So, what is the problem? Here are some possibilities:

1) The fuel system forms a vaccum- easy test for this- do what I said above- disconnect the fuel line at the carb and drain a full tank into a gas can (cap on). Does the fuel flow get less over time before the tank is dry and if it does, did the flow pick back up when you opened the cap? If so, drill the small hole in the cap.

2) The float is set to low and is not allowing enough fuel in the bowl. Take the bowl off and bend the float tabs to allow the float to sit higher.

3) Restriction in the fuel system in the carb. Clean it out.

4) A kink in the fuel line when connected- straighten it out...literally. Make it as straight a shot as you can, but keep in mind that even if the fuel line dips below the bowl and comes back up to it, once the system is purged of air, it should flow fine.

If you do not add huge amounts of air flow or move the tank to the same level or below the carb, there is no way you need a pressurized fuel system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers HoughMade.

My flow isnt that good, takes approx 5 mins to empty the tank.

I have drilled the petcock disk out some- with a 1/16 drill bit ( the on/off groove), to aid my flow, and that seems to have done the trick, so far.

Jase

I'm having a real issue getting decent fuel flow on my pocket bike engine. The gas tank needs to be higher than the engine, but the whole thing is already way high up. I'd rather not have to make an IV pole for the gas tank.It would be easier to mount the gas tank below the engine.

I don't quite understand what a check valve does to increase pressure.

Any details on the RC setup?

Fuel pressure on a EFI car is a different story, as mentioned above carbs have a float bowl, the only thing you will gain Pressurizing the tank is blowing the needle out of the seat and flooding the float bowl.

I agree Phil. The HT float and needle are as cheap as they get. The tank on a normal summer day is under slight pressure with the cool gas and average outside temp. More so on a hot day. Also a great environment to create a little moisture. that's why I use a bit of seafoam as I stated in the "Gas and Storage post".

Also agree with HoughMade about basic flow principals of these tanks.

About your comment.....
"Lmao I don't know why I waste my time in here, after the amount of rubbishing I took in one post, and all I ever read is stupid Ideas, and any information given is either just discarded or the threads are never read properly and people argue."

There are a ton of people here who are "the best of the best" ego's are high. Years of experience are constantly challenged. Ill admit truthfully my ego's high. I'm constantly frustrated. I give 5% of my knowledge due to this. (see, sorry high ego) I love to teach but there's no fair way to do it here. So, I stay in tune here since I'm selfish and still learn from people like you and many others. Thanks, and hang in there. graucho

Last edited:
Hmmm, where does the ego fit on the bicycle?

Maybe the guys at the other site were right.:-|(neutral smiley)

ANYWAYYY, I've also had a problem with vacuum lock on the front engine of "Mr. Hyde", my dual-engined creation. Since day one, the new engine quits a few miles into the ride. When this first happened, I sadly limped home on my rear engine. Calling the vendor was fruitless. Jakesus on this site had the same problem with the same engine from the same vendor. He recommended loosening the cap momentarily when the engine died. It sounded silly, but now I loosen the cap when the engine dies on a regular basis. Then like magic, the Mitsubishi roars to life in a few pulls, like nothing happened!

Recently, I completely renovated my fuel system, adding a Happy Time auxiliary 1.5 liter (50-oz.) tank with large 3/16" steel lines to feed both Mitsubishi's 30-oz. tanks. I removed the HT tank's internal screen AND the filters in the engines' tanks. Hopefully the extra volume or removing the ailing engine tank's fuel filter cures the front engine's woes.

If not, I drill a small hole in the gas cap, fabricate a manual gas gauge with the "Jack in the Box" antenna ball raising and lowering to indicate fuel level...

ANNND relieve the vacuum in the front engine's fuel system!

Excuse me for rambling. It's not an ego problem. At age 62, I'm back in college so I have to practice my critical thinking, English composition and writing skills...

on you guys. :)(happy smiley)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you cured your problems with your renovation.
Is elevation/humidity/air pressure a factor in your area?
Im trying to relate if fuel flow problems are better/worse related to origin.

Congratulations on having the courage to go back to school. :cool:(cool smiley)

And yes, the guys who left here and went to the other site all had their issues
with people here. I still keep in touch.

Thanks for props, graucho.

I'm at sea level.

I believe I'll have the fuel vacuum problems cured, to be sure. I installed a locking gas cap for my Happy Time auxiliary tank. I also noticed that the keyhole had a vacuum leak when you suck on it from the tank side, even with the keyhole cover shut. That means I don't have to drill a hole in the cap or tank, and the engines will vent thru the locking gas cap's keyhole.

What a stroke of luck!:cool:

Back