Primary reduction and clutch question

ghettobike has a vertical mount with jackshaft, but I'm not so keen on the angle of mounting like that.
anyway, your idea of connecting a small steel plate from there to one of the engine bolt holes would stiffen it, and sounds not too hard and really cheap to do

ghettobike has a vertical mount with jackshaft, but I'm not so keen on the angle of mounting like that.
anyway, your idea of connecting a small steel plate from there to one of the engine bolt holes would stiffen it, and sounds not too hard and really cheap to do

Check out this pic, is that a bracket tying j/s plate to motor mount plate?

Attachments

• 9890.jpg
    9890.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 184
oh good find! yes, its connected to the rear engine plate mount and higher up looks like it's holding the js and attached to the seatpost
square steel bracket with 90deg bends,, kind of looks like another engine mount plate lol. another view I see ubolt higher up. gets me thinkin now
edit: it's connected to the engine mount AND has a lower ubolt. see arrows
9890.jpg

Last edited:
Both of Scotto's machines (99cc & 212cc) have mechanical systems to counteract the torque.

In the first picture I posted above you can see the 2 piece 1.5" clamp that I will machine a small flat and tap to allow the extended "tab" on the engine to bolt to the clamp. And the torque tends to move the engine towards the clamp. I probably should start a build thread and post more pics.

Both of Scotto's machines (99cc & 212cc) have mechanical systems to counteract the torque.

In the first picture I posted above you can see the 2 piece 1.5" clamp that I will machine a small flat and tap to allow the extended "tab" on the engine to bolt to the clamp. And the torque tends to move the engine towards the clamp. I probably should start a build thread and post more pics.

oh good find! yes, its connected to the rear engine plate mount and higher up looks like it's holding the js and attached to the seatpost
square steel bracket with 90deg bends,, kind of looks like another engine mount plate lol. another view I see ubolt higher up. gets me thinkin now
edit: it's connected to the engine mount AND has a lower ubolt. see arrows
View attachment 83529
I'm going with a plate mounted j/s assembly, I've ordered brg housings, McMaster Carr 2829n4, and found these 1 1/8 steering bar pearchs from my last off road motorcycle that i can modify to use as clamps for the seat tube

Attachments

• 153685078123085277429.jpg
    153685078123085277429.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 200
if you mean the tab on the output shaft side.
I already told you not to use that tab! You will crack the engine block.
Use the head bolts on the valve cover for a front mount.

I had not seen this pic so I revise my post to say that I Have never seen that bracket crack the case.
I would ask James at Ghetto or Jeff Wolf.
or you can be the test case.

79cc_1621.jpg

Back