Priming Empty Carb Bowl

Wow, for all the work you're going to have to do to this bike you could've built one cheaper.
Yeah you could be right. but I'm now down to just bobbing the rear fender off where they tried to notch around the chain.
The caliper and pads are basically new and just need adjusted. I'm in for $175 plus some bolts and fuel line. I am still going
try to build off of a vintage steel Road Bike frame this winter, but just the kit will be in the ballpark of 150+/- plus getting a bike I want.
This Schwinn gives me something to mess with in the meantime. John

I ordered one. Do you know if these all have the same jets installed stock? Or should I look at
getting a tuning kit with some alternate jets? Thank You. John
They come stock with the #70 jet...I'm running the stock jet at a 4500 ft altitude so you will probably be ok with that...Any adjustment to the carby will usually only need to have the C clip in the needle valve adjusted for your altitude and conditions and adjust the idle accordingly.

A tachometer is very affordable a will let you know exactly what your engine is doing.
I would recommend a tach with most people...As for myself, I tune and adjust them by ear, usually they are right on the money when I'm done...Been doing the same with cars and motorcycles for many, many, years as well...lol.

Thanks I will look into a tach. I need to find a way to get the cluch lever to lock disengaged so I can adjust the idle speed.
I can't find a button or locklever on my clutch lever. John

I would recommend a tach with most people...As for myself, I tune and adjust them by ear, usually they are right on the money when I'm done...Been doing the same with cars and motorcycles for many, many, years as well...lol.
With some carbs ears can be ok but with carbs with adjusting screws as little as a millimeter turn can be the difference between a good performance and a great performance. Sort of like setting timing by ear instead of by a light.

Back