Probably a silly question...

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
10:39 AM
So this is probably a silly question but I have to ask...

I'm not getting spark. Ive tested the whole ignition system and everything seems good except on the spark plug boot. That 90 degree boot doesn't have continuity between the screw that goes into the wire and the socket the spark plug plugs in to.
1st question... I'm assuming that should have continuity right?

2nd question... where do I buy a replacement? The chain auto parts stores around here don't carry them. Where do you guys go to get new spark plug wires?

I
So this is probably a silly question but I have to ask...

I'm not getting spark. Ive tested the whole ignition system and everything seems good except on the spark plug boot. That 90 degree boot doesn't have continuity between the screw that goes into the wire and the socket the spark plug plugs in to.
1st question... I'm assuming that should have continuity right?

2nd question... where do I buy a replacement? The chain auto parts stores around here don't carry them. Where do you guys go to get new spark plug wires?
I have gone to O'rielys auto store you need to find the right diameter or else you can't screw it in without wittling with your knife.
eBay, bikebury, gazbikes got them.

Also I had no spark on my bike yesterday tried 2 different CDIs then installed a use magneto then I had spark and took off again.

Check all connections even on the mag damn things are tuff but somehow they fail.

Back