PROBLEM ive broke the mounting casing for stud mounting.

badmoon

Local time
9:20 AM
Today ive remount my motor into my frame cause last time ive to replace the stud cause they broke and now it was to tight and the mounting casing have broke so i want to know if i can buy replacement .

Last edited:
As a last resort in situations such as this - I would seek out - a good welder. Welding cast metals - I have found not to be the best - but - in some cases - they hold fine.. Good luck with that repair -- Happy Riding from - Mountainman

A welder will turn you away. this is pot metal and since it is an engine he wont want to risk you suing him. best to either trash this motor or drill and tap new stud holes.

Take it to a welder with specific experience in welding aluminium alloy and make it clear u don't expect him to suffer any liability.The casings are thicker than what u think so that's a good thing.

Take it to a welder with specific experience in welding aluminium alloy and make it clear u don't expect him to suffer any liability.The casings are thicker than what u think so that's a good thing.

Good and only advice fetor56 -- I have a friend who has been welding for around 40 years - he would do his best with this - no problem - as in some cases though - he would just say when finished - no guaranty - at many times - weld held as long as needed.. Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Just weld it !

If you split the case you will curse loudly.
How deep are the solid portions of the threaded holes.
I ground off a large amount of my front mount to use it on my frame.

using helicoil seem to be the best way to go but i need to know what is the metric mesure and model size that i need when i will buy the helicoil kit.

Back