Problem Solved with carbie...lol.

Most of the time when the carb leaks fuel, it's a float issue. Try correcting that first before you do anything to the O-ring. Make sure the float needle isn't being blocked open with a little bit of sludge. Once you pull the bowl off look in the bottom and see what has collected there.

Most of the time when the carb leaks fuel, it's a float issue. Try correcting that first before you do anything to the O-ring. Make sure the float needle isn't being blocked open with a little bit of sludge. Once you pull the bowl off look in the bottom and see what has collected there.
OK...will do...its just that i have never experienced this kind of a problem before...ive always been too careful to get this type of problem,,,makes me feel like a "newbie" novice here...lol...DAMIEN

Problem solved,

Had some time this afternoon to tear off the carbie and have a look see.

First time i have ever seen a float full of gas before on one of these. And it was really full...Qualifies as a boat anchor now...lol... I have heard here on the forums that this is something that does happen though.

Must be a small leak in the float since it took since May to cause me a problem.

Must be a pinhole leak but damned if i could find it, at least visually, would like to though, so i can seal the leak with "seal all" and have it as a spare.

I did have a spare float on hand already though, so i put it in, put everything back together, "O" ring was still good, Used locktite on bolt threads holding carbie to the intake, NO...I didnt use "seal all" since i just didnt see the need for it...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Running great again as i expected it to. And thanks all for suggestions offered here.

Put the float in a bowl of food coloring for a few days then hang it up by a string.
It'll start dripping from the pin hole and you'll find your hole. (y)

Put the float in a bowl of food coloring for a few days then hang it up by a string.
It'll start dripping from the pin hole and you'll find your hole. (y)
Wont need the food colouring...Since the Amsoil oil i use is really red...i guess i should be able to just hang it and let the red tint of the Amsoil show me where the leak is...lol...DAMIEN

Wont need the food colouring...Since the Amsoil oil i use is really red...i guess i should be able to just hang it and let the red tint of the Amsoil show me where the leak is...lol...DAMIEN
Not even hang, just place on paper towel in your shop overnight. If nothing comes out then turn it over.

Dunno if you're still following this thread, but I fixed one of theses floats with a soldering iron. My leak was on the seam and that helped, but it's a very permanent solution for this problem. Cheers.

Back