Problem starting first time

DavidT

Local time
12:44 PM
I just installed a Seeutek engine on my bike. The back tire wouldn't move. I looked it up online and it said that a common problem was with the clutch. I looked up how to loosen it some after taking off the bolts from the non- chain drive side. I loosened it some. Now the bike can be ridden but the engine won't fire. Any ideas. First time ever attempting anything like this.

You have to adjust the clutch so that when you release the lever on the handlebars the clutch will engage the rear wheel. Pull the lever, free wheel, let go of the lever tire is locked.

I had a bad motor right out of the box, guy was nice got refund without a return.
Are you using all the kit parts some things won't interchange even the carb cable can be too long or too short and the carbs look identical but are not.
Maybe if you used a long thread spark plug the piston has hit the gap closing it shut.
The clutch cable push the arm in then until hard then set the screw, then try to push rear wheel should drag then pull clutch lever in it should roll.
Look at your fuel filter for an arrow it should point towards the carb and your gas cock lever look close for an arrow points to carb.

Is your choke on in the up or down.
Push the primer button down count to 10 without using choke try to start.
Check your spark plug is it tight if it's loose won't compress and the gap I run is between 30-32.
Hop I help had the same frustrating problems.

Back