Problem with a boggy brand new motor

Motoredbikelife34

Local time
1:16 PM
Hi I' just bought the 100cc motorized bike kit and it started right up but doesn't have near the power or speed that it should. My 80cc leaves it in the dust. I'm thinking it's running rich because the plug was wet when I checked it and its smoking more than it should. I think maybe I put too much oil in it but at the same time I want to break it in properly. Any suggestions on what it could be?

Attachments

• 20210829_131923.jpg
    20210829_131923.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 94
Did you pull the jug and inspect the ports? Those steel sleeve cylinders need a lot of porting work.

Yup that was the first thing I noticed that the porting was really rough I had to take alot of material out if it just to make the port holes match up.

Get your jetting right. The 79/100 motors are wicked. Gobs and gobs of torque compared to a 66. Im actually pretty impressed with the power they make. They are great engines when set up right. I broke mine in on nitropropane. She runs like a raped ape.

Do a compression test. Might have a broken ring also, which oil are you using for break-in?

Get your jetting right. The 79/100 motors are wicked. Gobs and gobs of torque compared to a 66. Im actually pretty impressed with the power they make. They are great engines when set up right. I broke mine in on nitropropane. She runs like a raped ape.
Lmao nice ya I think it's the jetting to I just put the carb that came in the kit but it's really rich so I gonna buy a jet set. I figured it was a really good motor and maybe just needs to he broken in but it still should have more power I'm pedaling it up hills

Back