Problem with a boggy brand new motor

8oz to a gallon
Try 4 oz. 8 is way to much. Even on breakn in.

Also if you can cut flat metal, drill and tap some 5mm, use the g2 reed and a saw carb. Ease of tuning. Saw carbs dojt use jets, just turn the fuel screws to tune. Takes about 20 seconds to tune and engine with a saw carb. I use the tillson hs254b carb. Works great!!!

Try 4 oz. 8 is way to much. Even on breakn in.
I would say to just let him get his oil level down to 4 ounces per gallon and clean up his plug and just solve the initial problems in running etc. and get it fully broken in before graduating to doing other modifications just yet...Just my 2 cents worth here...lol...The modifications can, and should, wait for now...DAMIEN

I would say to just let him get his oil level down to 4 ounces per gallon and clean up his plug and just solve the initial problems in running etc. and get it fully broken in before graduating to doing other modifications just yet...Just my 2 cents worth here...lol...The modifications can, and should, wait for now...DAMIEN
Saw carb makes tuning it in way easier. Even with extra oil. Adding a g2 reed and a saw carb is about as complex as putting the kit carb on. Its just drilling 6 holes in a flat plate or cutting off the tube from the g2 reed and using its plate for the manifold. If more people used saw carbs or carbs with fuel/air adjusting screws instead of jetted carbs, a lot of the problems new builders would be solved and nonexistent. Jetting is as simple as turning a screw. Pulling a bowl and guessing on a jet frustrates a lpt of these guys.

I switched to the pumper carbs because its a pain in the butt to jet the kit carbs.

a lot of the problems new builders would be solved and nonexistent.
A lot of new builders, I would say MOST, have not yet achieved this level of skillset as of yet, especially when the OP has said he is just starting with this hobby...This is why i say again, lets help him with his "right now" situation.

When we hit newcomers with modifications right off the bat that seem simple to us, it can be overwhelming to them when all they are looking for is to solve their immediate situation.

When folks start talking "Porting," "saw carbies", "reeds" etc, to someone who has only built their first "80" and now their first "100", they are still beginners that usually have not a clue of what we are talking about.

There is plenty of time in future to be able to teach and guide people in what may well be to them, something that sounds complicated and not within their present realm of knowledge...DAMIEN

A lot of new builders, I would say MOST, have not yet achieved this level of skillset as of yet, especially when the OP has said he is just starting with this hobby...This is why i say again, lets help him with his "right now" situation.

When we hit newcomers with modifications right off the bat that seem simple to us, it can be overwhelming to them when all they are looking for is to solve their immediate situation.

When folks start talking "Porting," "saw carbies", "reeds" etc, to someone who has only built their first "80" and now their first "100", they are still beginners that usually have not a clue of what we are talking about.

There is plenty of time in future to be able to teach and guide people in what may well be to them, something that sounds complicated and not within their present realm of knowledge...DAMIEN
if they can put an engine on the bike. I'm sure they can drill a few holes bro. if not, they ain't got the engine on the bike yet. plus it is way easier for them to turn a screw in or out, over guess at a jet size they have no clue what the number means. jetting is a complex equation to most. every one can turn a screw and then the throttle. way easier to turn a screw to set the a/f mix than guess at something they don't even know what it does. the screw, it turns, they know it does. if my 6 year old nephew can turn a screw on a saw carb, anyone that wants a motorized bike can figure it out.

a hacksaw and a drill bit, boom, you can make a manifold. just cut the tube off, drill two more holes and mount the carb.

an a plus is, they are smaller and will fit better than a kit carb that everyone goes and buys offset manifolds to mount the carb with, looks cleaner, and cooler too.

oh and i found a kit with the carb I use the hs254b tillson, for the same price as a nt carb. not only does the pumper carb look better and easier to tune, it also atomized the fuel way, way better than a kit carb.

or you can buy manifolds made for them right off amazon and ebay, same spacing as a walbro, but 1/5th the price for the carb.

:confused:
I'm confused I can't seem to mount my car license plate.
Is it, Righty Loosie and Lefty Tighty or is it, Righy Tighty and Lefty Loosie?
Don't laugh too much here.

I got a phone call today from a woman who i help out with her computer problems.

She tells me the computer is making strange beeping sounds even though its not turned on or plugged in.

I can here the beeping and just start laughing as i ask her, "when was the last time you either checked or changed out the batteries in your smoke detector because thats the beeping sound im hearing over the phone...lol.

As you can see, i never overestimate the skillset of anyone...lol...DAMIEN

I got a phone call today from a woman who i help out with her computer problems.

She tells me the computer is making strange beeping sounds even though its not turned on or plugged in.

I can here the beeping and just start laughing as i ask her, "when was the last time you either checked or changed out the batteries in your smoke detector because thats the beeping sound im hearing over the phone...lol.

I was away for a couple days and a smoke alarm started to chirp. Now my parakeet does the smoke alarm chirp.

That's why I have a cat, I never have a bird in my house with her around. Never have a prob with company staying past their welcome with my pet pig either. lol.

To the OP: If you need help to make a manifold for a saw carb, just PM me and I'll snap a few pics for ya. I just use a pair of vice grips to hold the carb on the plate, then drill two holes. Boom, manifold made. You can buy an air filter, or just drill one hole in the stock filter housing and use it. I use a velocity stack and cone filter, I like how they look. Just toss me a PM if you want, I'll help clarify using a saw carb. Tuning is a high and low screw on the outside of the carb. Turn in for less gas on tht circuit, turn out for more. A simple google search on how to tune a saw, and you tune your bike the same way. Takes all of 20 seconds after the engine is warm. Makes getting the bike going easier too. No more stopping to go back home to change a jet, just carry a small flat blade driver or a dime to turn the screws.

Back