Problem with a boggy brand new motor

I got the plate of metal so I'm gonna build it today. I just rebuilt a little pocket bike and I got a spare carb here so I'll build it to fit that. I'll need to buy a set of Reed valves too eh
Naw, just make a manifold with a tube instead of a flat for the reed set up. If I wasn't always chopping things up, I'd show you my first one I did. Was literally 6 washers and a piece of tube. Used some gasket paper to make some quick gaskets, just to see if the carb was going to work or not.
The ones on ebay are basically just two washers with one big hole, 2 small holes and a piece of tube with a thick gasket to act as a spacer. Look on ebay for a walbro motorized bike adaptor for a better idea of how to adapt with no reed.. If you can't weld, or find anyone to, jb weld stick will work to seal it all up in a pinch. Just make sure its lightly sanded and clean before using it.
Use your imagination my friend. The sky's the limit on these bikes. So many different ways to set up one. Your only moving the air fuel mix from the carb to the intake port. As long as you keep about the same size tubing as the port, your good. Longer intake is more torque, shorter is higher rpms. Long is slower throttle response, shorter intake is a snappier throttle.

Naw, just make a manifold with a tube instead of a flat for the reed set up. If I wasn't always chopping things up, I'd show you my first one I did. Was literally 6 washers and a piece of tube. Used some gasket paper to make some quick gaskets, just to see if the carb was going to work or not.
The ones on ebay are basically just two washers with one big hole, 2 small holes and a piece of tube with a thick gasket to act as a spacer. Look on ebay for a walbro motorized bike adaptor for a better idea of how to adapt with no reed.. If you can't weld, or find anyone to, jb weld stick will work to seal it all up in a pinch. Just make sure its lightly sanded and clean before using it.
Use your imagination my friend. The sky's the limit on these bikes. So many different ways to set up one. Your only moving the air fuel mix from the carb to the intake port. As long as you keep about the same size tubing as the port, your good. Longer intake is more torque, shorter is higher rpms. Long is slower throttle response, shorter intake is a snappier throttle.
I can weld pretty good lol it dont look like boogers no more lol. I couldn't find a piece of steel that I could use so I got some long strips of 1/4" x 3" wide steel I'm gonna cut the plate out today gotta go get a new cutting blade first but then I'm gonna make the plate. I'll need to order some Reed valves so it works properly lol. I'm gonna take a video driving up the road today sometime so everyone can get an idea of wat its actually doin. I can usually always figure something out like that but I figured I'd reach out for advice lol I appreciate all the help guys

Awesoem I can't wait to actually have it running proper I hear they are quite the motor once their running properly

Awesoem I can't wait to actually have it running proper I hear they are quite the motor once their running properly
Better in torque than a yd/bt-100.
I can weld pretty good lol it dont look like boogers no more lol. I couldn't find a piece of steel that I could use so I got some long strips of 1/4" x 3" wide steel I'm gonna cut the plate out today gotta go get a new cutting blade first but then I'm gonna make the plate. I'll need to order some Reed valves so it works properly lol. I'm gonna take a video driving up the road today sometime so everyone can get an idea of wat its actually doin. I can usually always figure something out like that but I figured I'd reach out for advice lol I appreciate all the help guys
That welder is going to be your best friend. You can make so many things for these bikes with it and a grinder. Next you'll be welding up your own chambers and pipes.

Your going to love the ease of tuning with an adjustable carb. from winter to summer its just a tiny turn to maintain optimum performance due to the weather changing.

Back