problum with new tire

oldpot

Local time
7:49 PM
i just got a new tire for my front 26x1.50 , i got that size due to when i got the bike from Craigslist it had a 26x1.50 front tire on it hoping it was a 26x1.50 tube as well, well the tube bust so i changed tires and tube to 26x1.95 due to police said the slick front one was no good for inspection for registration,(still don't understand why he said that ) i got rid of both old tube and tire and got this new red tire slick one now.
Problem now that i got 26x1.50 tire and 26x1.50/75 tube and as you can see from the pics i got a bugle near the valve i tried 4-5 times taking if off and putting it back and still the same more i pump it up the worse it gets , (now i know the back tire is 26x1.75 as there a label with it on , but not sure what the front one is i know its a 26x but not sure of the other numbers ,but i have had a 26x1.50 and 1.95 tire and tube on and been fine riding it ) i even tried a 26x1.15/2.2 tube that was on before that's a bit larger in width of the 1.50 tube and that did not work bugled in 2 places , the rim of the wheel is 1 '1/16th width from outer-outer rim and wheel is 22 3/4 'diameter so anyone know if i putting the right tube/tires on or bad tire??.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/oldpot/IMG_20131210_113953_zpsbea8b827.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/oldpot/IMG_20131210_110619_zps12a891ba.jpg

tube not seated into the tire all the way before you inflated it... let air back out all the way and push the tube father into the tire... never end at the stem always farthest from the stem when changing tires

let air back out all the way and push the tube father into the tire
what do you mean ???,the tube looked ok inside the tire even before the tire was inflated , where the valve goes into the wheel the bead did not look right , the new tire was all shape when it came wrapped in plastic rap could the tire be out of shape.

Last edited:
ty all i sorted it i pushed the valve into the tire and that worked and checked a few videos as well,i never encountered this problem before while changing a tire i must have been lucky , that's why i made the post , now all is well :).

Back