progress on the whizz

So, as motorbikemike knows, ive been struggling with this thing, if its not one thing its another, and it quickly grew in to something i didnt even want to deal with, i started messing with the wiring harness (for future refrence, i wont do that again) - if you'll recall my friend sold me this whizzer for ultra cheap because his dad didnt ride it anymore.

i took my savings and spent it on fun custom stuff!

monarch fork
triumph controls
banana seat (until i can fab up a proper seat mount that will throw my fat *** over the rear wheel) - then ill go with the leather

its still got a ways to go, but i just ordered a few things from mike that should be here soon (belt tensioner and cool compression release) next up is making a plate for the front fork pivot point thing that can take a disc brake after that, im unsure of its future, i might make an old style excelsior fuel tank, or i might just take the plunge and design a frame - either way im going to paint it. but ill only take it apart when its all dialed up in its current config.

the ppg rep that comes to my shop is all over the thing, he said he will cut me a deal on whatever paint i decide to spray- uh oh- the pin striper also said he would like to have his way with it!

getting this bike has really been one of the more fun projects ive ever done

i rode it home tonight from the shop, my buddy drove my 48 buick behind me, clocked my large behind at tipping on 40- weee

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    DSC_0002 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC_0005 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    DSC_0005 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0012 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    DSC_0012 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 463
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought so too. The low bars combined with the little swoop of the bannana seat, make it look fast sitting still.

thanks for all the great comments, ive just been messing with the bike as as it is. there are no brakes. the handle bars are just the stock ones turned upside down and chopped 3 inches. the banana seat was just something i had laying around because i wanted to get my butt as far over the back wheel as possible. the bike is really fun and it is fast..

im looking to make this thing as fast as i can - i love just cruising to my buddys house a few blocks away, ive also taken it to work- near where i live there is a bus way with a great bike path, no traffic lights, no stops and rarely do i see someone else- its great for speed testing! and its a direct route to work.

i want to do some kind of custom exhaust and i kinda wanted to make it a little more curvy so that the exhaust can flow a little bit better. i took the muffler thing out and its so loud! i love it, whenever im on it i always get stopped to ask what it is. the next thing i think might be a custom tank, or maybe a custom fork because as it is, its a little rickety. im running in to a lot of interesting issues because bicycles arent really made to go that fast. i figure with all the rain los angeles has been getting recently its the perfect time to start working on it.

Back