Project 79cc predator build bmx

Thanks zoom bike ...
For the speech but I figure some sights are that way no biggie I did ask for people to be truthful with me. And give there 2 cents thought.
Lucky for I'm just an old fart I just trying realize me child hood lol,and don't get upset.

that wheel barely fits, are you sure it won't scrub the frame any time something flexes?

Yea it's close front wheel either grind down on frame or put smaller tire on front back is good plenty of room

I'd rake it out personally. bmx frames are twitchy and some rake will add clearance and slow the steering

Increasing the rake will make it even twitcher. It'll provide more centering force when the bike is still and vertical, but it fights the self- correcting effect of the headtube angle by reducing trail. I think you meant increase the headtube angle.

And don't worry imthegrt1 your not the only person putting a big engine in a BMX:giggle:

image.jpg

160cc fitchel and sachs rotary engine from the 60s. Going to drive the wheel through the dirt bike gearbox under it. Made 8hp, stock

Increasing the rake will make it even twitcher. It'll provide more centering force when the bike is still and vertical, but it fights the self- correcting effect of the headtube angle by reducing trail. I think you meant increase the headtube angle.

And don't worry imthegrt1 your not the only person putting a big engine in a BMX:giggle:

View attachment 54400

160cc fitchel and sachs rotary engine from the 60s. Going to drive the wheel through the dirt bike gearbox under it. Made 8hp, stock
Sweet have you started a thread let will be keeping an eye on you

I've got a bmx getting tractor tires and a predator 212 that burns oil in the near future

Thanks zoom bike ...
For the speech but I figure some sights are that way no biggie I did ask for people to be truthful with me. And give there 2 cents thought.
Lucky for I'm just an old fart I just trying realize me child hood lol,and don't get upset.
Thanks grt1,
You did ask for any and all input so I gave my idea's and I'm glad you didn't take me to be offensive, weld on fellow old guy and I look forward to seeing how your experience is beyond the fun of building it ;-}

So motor mount welded on and fit great . Lined up perfect goin good so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 422
So jackshaft bearings and collars came in going with a 3/4 shaft
Got the rear sprocket on and the clutch on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg