Project Brake Lamp

...already handled. Thanks though!

View attachment 183409
After you did the thread about the light you sent back. I began to wonder if maybe similar things might be happening with mine. Though a little different, it's still a sensor brake light. If it was having delayed reactions what might be the cheapest solution? Here's what I came up with.

20221130_150043.jpg

I had to do some modifications to my handlebars anyway and so I moved some stuff around. I moved the remote closer to my right hand. Now if I see a vehicle behind me; when braking I push the horn symbol on the remote. The light will flash twice and the horn sounds, then the sensor by that time is kicking in.

20221130_150130.jpg

I really like what you did with your light.

e-bike brake lever, 12v universal motorcycle brake light, 14.8v lipo battery or 4 18650s and a holder. bam! brake light.. ive even gone so far as adding a 12v led headlight with switch for high and low beam. youll need to solder in a diode if you want the rear light to work with the headlight then go off when the switch is off. depending on which battery, lights, switch you choose you can do this for around $40, but it wont be bright or last very long. my 1500ah 14.8v gives me right around hour 20 mins on high beam and its plenty bright!

Back