Project Polini

Direct drive would make me a lot nervious. It will need to be well geared down.

I called a local pocket bike store to see if they had a gearbox for Polini.
They do. Still wondering how or where to where to mount the liquid pump but that should be obvious when I go to get parts.

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0058.jpg
    tn_IMG_0058.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 388
Yes I am using a gerbox now. donno the ratio. stock from polini
I like your idea of using a different clutch.

i hope the cars you pass with the polini are only doin 25, remember unlawful operation reflects on mb.c as a whole! its all in the wrist , & do use good common sence when ya decide to really open it up! a time & a place for everything!!

Yes, I will be a proper ambassador so that noone is treated unfairly because I decided to trench someone's property. I'm moving into the country where I'll have a lot of space.
Think I'll put lead in the forks to help keep them down. I'm riding the bicycle now to get used to the different turnning radius before putting the motor on.

Just wondering how your bild has been going. I see you don't really have the time - which most people don't. My project seen a bike change to a chopper from the rack mont on a mountain bike idea. Good one too cause this centers the gravity and the bike is very stable and don't want to wellie. Someone else built it with me, but I get to fix all the problems.
I don't mind. I get the looks for it.
Need to adjust the clutch to engage sooner. I am getting advice from the local pocket bike store and they are very helpful.
My build took about a day and a half then about a week to discover problems. As soon as I get brakes, a helmet and spedometor I'll take it out and see what it can do.
Does figure 8's in the parking lot fine. Just have to roll to a stop. Don't flintstone it at 40... it will almost take your foot off.

I'm thinking of getting a 6.2 hp air cooled polini, just need to know if it will match uo to a staton gear box. Does it have a 76mm clutch?
I'm also hoping that it's quieter than the gp460, which everyone says is very loud, I'm trying to keep the sound at a manageable level.

Hi mate im bulding a bmx with a 18 hp blata water cool motor have u finishd urs yet any more pics or vids how dose it go

Morini has a 16 hp --50cc engine with 6 gears ! would that ever be wild on a bike ! The only problem the engine alone is about 1200 dollars shipped then theres the radiator !
The other problem is i dont have the courage to ride it ! but id love to watch someone !

Back