project Pure FIRE update

Hey guys.
this is an update from my build.
Except for the exhaust i think its finally done

I started out with a $40 craigslist mountain bike that looked like this:
IMG_2745.jpg

after two months, a couple $$$$$, and patience, heres how it sits now
IMG_3499.jpg

painted it flat black, took out the whole shifter mechanism, converting it to a one speed. chopped the seat as low as it could it go. and threw on some high rise handlebars, tilted forward

hfh.jpg

heres the goodness:

sick bike parts fuel valve (the best upgrade imo)
IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

no leaks what so ever.

ngk lead the crappy one that came with the kit wouldnt give me a spark.
IMG_3494.jpg

and custom chain idler. made from parts from the shifter mechanism
IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

oh and by the way, don't paint your wheels, mine were painted and as you can see the brakes took the paint right off

like i said its all done except for the exhaust. you probably cant tell but in the pic below theres a huge scrape coming from the crank hitting the exhaust not a big deal but it gets annoying
sfjl.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, tell me what you think. oh and before i forget , does anyone know if springer forks would fit on a mountain bike? I think springer forks would finish it off well

A fine looking bike and some very good photos.

Nice job.

Regarding pedal/exhaust clearance, I simply drilled the holes on the exhaust mount a little bit. This allowed me to rotate the exhaust just enough to clear the pedal. Another advantage; if my exhaust starts to loosed I can tell almost immediately because the pedal starts tapping against it.

Looks like a clean and sturdy build. When you get your exhaust situated, add a metal strap between the lower part of the muffler and bike frame to prevent exhaust cracks.
Cheers

Yeah the flat black is cool. Sorrento is a quality bike. The white dust cap assembly will fit that little spot for a filter box. Jim at Livefast has 'em.
Springers look good and work pretty well on that angle if your 175lb+ and turn about 3 to 5 threads all the way through the crown on a pyramid(heavier of the Taiwanese Fork) Which are good quality, looks like the angles alright. When you order the springer make sure to get what looks to be about 50mm or = (2) 20mm and one 10mm headset spacers. Yeah that would look btchn

thanks for the compliments. yeah i just took it down to the local bike shop, and the owner put in a order for the forks. so that should be in soon.

i got this pretty sweet cruiser basket off of craigslist. wasn't really made for a mountain bike, so i made it fit
IMG_3553.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Ive had mixxed revies on the basket. let me know what you think

Back