PROJECT: Whizzer Outerbanks

Great Job MAD! I know 1st hand that motor will rock. Wished I had seen this post before I built mine. Good pics...

UPDATE:

I am almost finished dialing it in. I have about 100 miles on it, and changed the oil at 50miles and again when I got home at nearly 100.

I have to say that the thing just keeps building more and more torque. I think that's whats key here.

Is the horsepower huge over the wc-1 no. But I will tell you that the throttle response, and torque ARE. Its great to be going 30mph, and you have power to go. And not the kind that needs to build up either, it's torque right at my wrist. Further, the power is more consistent.

The upgrade was worth every penny. Highly recommended.

More to come!

Dallas

UPDATE:

I know there have been a couple of posts going around regarding the tuning an dialing in of Quenton's upgraded WC-1 to NE5.

I am finally complete and it is AWESOME!

I am at 7000 feet above sea level, Quenton quickly sent me a #88 Main jet to replace the stock #95. I also purchased a hi-flow muffler insert from him.

I swapped the jet (let the gasket dry out or you'll never get it back in there), and used a rubber mallet to tap in the muffler insert and set the set screw.

NO hesitation, NO backfiring, NO loss of power, NO cut-out. The power band is smooth, powerful, and it sounds wonderful.

I have at LOTS more torque, and I only have 60 miles on the new setup!

I can't tell you guys how pleased I am to have the Whizzer running so well. It's so run to ride. I'll provide more pictures weather permitting.

Quenton definitely knows his stuff.

Thanks guys and happy cruisin!

Dallas

Back