propane gas bike is it a possiblity

A

andrewflores17

i thought about this today when we where putting air in the whells at the gas station and someone in front of us was filling up a natrual gas truck got me thinking wouldint it be cool to have a propane powered bike and you could use those little tanksthat they use on small gas grills to fill up they would be portable and cheap huh just thought it was a cool idea

Somebody fall down and go BOOM! is what that sounds like to me scary stuff :eek: :eek:

It could be done, but you would need oil injection and figure an inexpensive way to regulate the Propane. It also has less BTU but it runs clean as a whistle. Good Idea, and it is good to see people thinking, would make the EPA happy. Have fun Dave

PS: The Long Beach buses run Propane, and there Diesel engines, Go figure. Know how it is done?

Yes, be careful, that stuff is flammable, almost but not quite as dangerous as gasoline, and is contained in a cylinder many times thicker than a gas tank, so be sure to put on your aluminum foil hat shiny side out and recite the words to "Inagaddahhdavida" by Iron Butterfly any time you get within 20 yards of the stuff or it will burn like the Hindenburg, if you first enclose the bike within a massive Zeppelin filled with hydrogen gas and light it. Otherwise follow the intructions on the gas conversion carb kit no matter what the monkey in the closet says.

Back