Break In Proper carburetor tuning during break in.

Any one ever taper their needles? I know some of the NT carbs come with a pretty much straight shot brass rod with a taper on the tip and not much of one the rest the way. You can sand those to more of a taper if you are gentle. Helps with fine tuning when you are dialing it in.

Any one ever taper their needles? I know some of the NT carbs come with a pretty much straight shot brass rod with a taper on the tip and not much of one the rest the way. You can sand those to more of a taper if you are gentle. Helps with fine tuning when you are dialing it in.
If you chuck the needle up in a drill press a 4second burst with 400grit sandpaper will take off .001. The trick is knowing exactly where you need to narrow it down. If it stumbles at part throttle, then that part of the needle needs adjustment.

If you chuck the needle up in a drill press a 4second burst with 400grit sandpaper will take off .001. The trick is knowing exactly where you need to narrow it down. If it stumbles at part throttle, then that part of the needle needs adjustment.
About what rpm? I'm spinning about 460 rpm right now, wrong belts. I can get 580 or 460. lol. I've got to go get the right ones.

Instructions unclear. Unrelated- does anyone have a link to a new needle? Asking for a friend.
Spin needle in sand paper to make taper. Not very complex my friend.

You have to know what needle you have. They don't swap out. Some are longer, some are fatter. The long one wont fit in the short hole and the fat ones wont fit in the skinny holes.

Back