proper torque in foot or inch lbs for a manic adapter?

butterbean

Local time
5:53 AM
I have a manic mechanic sprocket adapter. It slips a little, and I lost my installation instructions. Anyone know the proper torque value?

No offense, but obviously I would have checked the website where I bought the adapter for any pertinent information before posting here. I do see that you are trying to be helpful, and I do appreciate it. But I didn't find the info I needed on their website. I saw animations, but no videos. I will check again, but if anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate if they'd share it, as it really is a pretty simple question.

Thanks, Chris. I guess the next day that it's nice enough out, I'll be taking my rear wheel off, truing it and borrowing my brother's torque wrench to tighten it the proper amount. That and adjusting my motor mounts, and she should be ready for riding season. She's been sitting all winter. Actually think she might need an oil change, too.

After you torque them nutz don't forget to tap on them 3 times and say 4 hail Mary's so your sure they're right ok!

You're a very weird cat, Darwin. I'm not saying this to be rude or antagonize you, but a lot of your responses to other people's comments are very out of place. Some of your responses seem to indicate that you did not fully comprehend the conversation that was taking place. Yet other times, you're right on target. I just can't understand why that is. Sorry if this isn't on topic, Anton. I just don't get it.

Hi butterbean. I read quite some time ago, I think it was from a stretch cruiser build with the manic mechanic adapter, that the tool will bend before you can over-tightened the mm adapter.

Back