Pros and cons for thumb throttle?

He didn't say "carb the cable" what he didn't do was put a comma in the appropriate place, it should read like this below.

I use thumb throttle on a couple bikes, but for the kit carb, the cable should be shorter or aftermarket carb longer.
Oh! Ok! Gotcha, thanks bro

OK, it's my turn. What is a kit carb? Emcee, cable length is important if the engine is in the rear of the bike, in frame or on the front wheel. Correct length means no binding of the cable and a clean look, no sloppy extra 10in of cable to look at. For rear Friction drives 60" is about perfect for example.

Only downside I see is a good old case of throttle thumb, which I'm well acquainted with having a few snowmobiles in my time. If you don't plan on hour long trips I think it wouldn't be much of an issue, throttle thumb mostly became an issue trail riding.

What's so bad about drilling one small hole? The throttle will cover it anyway.
I don't recommend cutting the tab off the throttle. It's there for a very good reason.

I use thumb throttle on a couple bikes, but for the kit carb the cable should be shorter or aftermarket carb longer. Just get the longer one and put the appropriate length of brake pipe in to shorten if needed.
Always learning here...brake pipe.... had no idea what it is...
This is on many bikes. Just never knew the name. I've seen some carbs come with a small "brake pipe" for picking up cable slack.
When you do not know the specific terminology like me then one or two words may determine if I even understand the message.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bicycle-...92390?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=18988

What's so bad about drilling one small hole? The throttle will cover it anyway.
I don't recommend cutting the tab off the throttle. It's there for a very good reason.
Don't have a drill or know anyone that has one.

Don't have a drill or know anyone that has one.
The reason I cut my little pin off was because as you can see I wanted my brake lever and mirror mount to line up exactly where I wanted it
DSCF8126.JPG
With that little pin on there I couldn't figure where exactly to drill the hole so I just cut it off

I've got over 40K miles on my Whizzer and I never had the throttle slip because I cut that stupid pin off
DSCF8127.JPGDSCF3705.JPGDSCF3709.JPG
Since ya say you don't have a drill
Just snip it off with wire cutters and file it smooth flat

If I guy like me is gonna do it to his Beautiful Whizzer throttle then you'll be fine doing it to your 2 stroke throttle
The throttle won't slip on ya

Back