Pro’s and con’s of a centrifugal clutch

wan37

Local time
1:34 PM
I have a 50cc 2 stroke with centrifugal that’s been thru h**l but keeps on going. What’s most people take on them? You just don’t ever hear of them on here.

I have a 50cc 2 stroke with centrifugal that’s been thru h**l but keeps on going. What’s most people take on them? You just don’t ever hear of them on here.
The 48cc engines are great,better balance,better on gas,can rev higher but very little made for them aftermarket wise. I still have an old (2007) Starfire 50 which is a true 50cc 40mm bore 40mm stroke with heavier 17mm mains on the crank that screams and with my light weight son on it parked quite a few 66/69's,the standard 48cc is 38mm stroke and 40mm bore with 15mm mains on the crank, I'm going to get the cylinder ceramic treated some day LOL I've been saying this for awhile now and make a head for it because the quality of the casting's far exceeds that of the larger displacement versions so I'm hanging on to that one!

Those starfire is made GruBee if I recall right. I have a 48cc SkyHawk that I’ve had since 2011 which still runs but, I let it sit outside for 3 yrs with out starting gas in carburetor turn to powder . The engine is stil good though. Last March right before COVID-19 shut down . I saw a ebay post a 50cc kit for 64 dollars . So I ordered it and took shyhawk off bike. Swap centrifugal clutch which is still as good as day one 2011. I also broke in shyhawk the right way I think I did heat cycles . Those engine back then the metal seams better to me.

Genuine Grubees are amazing compared to any other factory.
Type in grubeeshyhawk.com and mess around on site .On there site find search engine ,type instruction then there's 2 stroke and 4 stroke they are the same as they were in 2011. I thought it kind a cool.

Back