Pull Start Operation

LWalker

Local time
12:06 PM
Hey Everyone,

Really basic question here but I can't find instructions on how to use my pull starter. I've been holding in the clutch and pulling on the starter but nothing seems to be happening. However, I can't pull the starter with the clutch engaged because then the bike rolls forward. How am I supposed to be using this pull starter? Am I supposed to release the clutch while pulling on the string?

Squeeze lever lock clutch lever then pull the pull starter rope . It should turn over engine an possibly start.

I guess I am generally confused about the starting mechanism of these bikes. During peddle start you pull in the clutch, pedal up the speed, and then release the clutch while twisting the throttle. Why does the clutch need to be engaged/throttle twisted to peddle start but for the pull start all you do is pull in the clutch and yank on the cord?

Ok the clutch lever when squeezed Is disengaged and let out the clutch lever is engaged. Ok squeezed lever is idling spot and released is riding position. Squeezed lever is like being in neutral and for idle . Ok pushing your bike with lever squeezed it rolls let out lever back wheel should not move. I hope this helps .

The rear wheel turns the motor over when you pedal start and the pull starter turns the motor over when you use the pull rope. If you don't pull in the clutch then the whole bike will move with the tug on the rope. Does this bike have a shift kit on it?

I don't know why you need a pull starter anyway, all I ever do is lift the rear wheel and push down on my pedal with my foot and she starts.

Back