Pull start?

If you got a BT, just hit the starter button. If you have a cent clutch engine, non BT, then it depends on the kit you bought. Some are sprag ( one way) some are free both ways.
I'm talking about just your regular ol' non-starter non-centrifugal clutch motor...... but with an added pull-start. Can you still pedal start if the rope happen to snap? I don't want to have to put all of my trust in a China shoe-string, specially if I'm out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm talking about just your regular ol' non-starter non-centrifugal clutch motor...... but with an added pull-start. Can you still pedal start if the rope happen to snap? I don't want to have to put all of my trust in a China shoe-string, specially if I'm out in the middle of nowhere.
Oh yeah, you can still bump start.

Is it possible to add an electric start to a regular motor?

Usually those pull starts break after the first pull and you end up pedaling anyway.

There is no bolt on starter kit for a CG engine The only thing that is offered is a drill motor adapter
There used to be a kit that was like 600 bucks that had a starter, that was a gem when the engine was running. It would power all the lights etc. It came off the clutch side gears. It changed out the drive gear to a different one with a double gear, had a sprocket for the starter that came off it. I haven't seen them in 3 or 4 years though.

Back