Pull Starter Broke my Bike

Yeah the best thing I've seen starting wise for these engines is the Grubee OCDT starter.
Gt5A-Eswithoutocdt.png

I suppose if your lazy enough to be willing to carry around a cordless drill 🤷🏻‍♂️
If your too crippled up from wipe outs or age to pedal it started, it might be time to stay parked.

[Older pic below, I run a 2" tailpipe now along with a dozen other changes]
LOL say's the guy with electric start!

Lol I hope my pull starter never breaks, I'd have to pedal this heavy tank home!!!

Attachments

• 20210918_153341.jpg
    20210918_153341.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 127
ALL my bikes are kick started we have a 250 dirt bike that has electric start but we've never used it and I'm not a fan nor am I advocating pull starts or the drill thing, can't be bothered with any of them just thought you're comment was funny showing an electric started engine and saying you deleted the pull start. Every one has their preference though and some of us are old and beat up so I get it!
IMG_0151.JPG

My reason was engine width and I got tired of banging my knee on a corner of the recoil cover itself.
I would include having it damn near dislocated my shoulder the one time I tried to pull it to life but that's kinda what I get for not pulling soft until I felt the compression stroke come 'round
Right try kicking that 250 over in the wrong spot LOL.

It would throw my light butt clear over the handle bars or break my leg!!!

I had a cousin get his ankle sprained and shin busted that way... pretty sure that was a Honda ATC500 though, might have been a ATC350 "Big Red" too idk anymore
Right try kicking that 250 over in the wrong spot LOL.
I don't know what size it was, was long ago, but a buddy broke his leg kicking his bike over. I couldn't help but fall to the ground, roll around laughing at him. He was laying on the ground screaming after he threw his bike out from under him. He called me some prime names, and kept saying " Ahhhhhh f I broke it, you're not helping ya f n loser, get my f n wife, I know I broke it. You're a f n jerk, stop laughing." He started laughing about halfway through chastising me for laughing at him. I'll never forget that day, Spent it in the hospital instead of the trails.

Back