pull the clutch disk out

i wish i had a junker engine to tear down, this "not knowing" bothers me.

the tool looks as if it is double sided? maybe double duty? i'm only asking, until i have to tear mine down, i won't know firsthand.

My point being you don't just oil/heat/pry on something blindly, could cost you an engine.

From the diagram/exploded view it would seem that you remove a few items (especially the two "no. 10" M-6 nuts) and the whole shaft/clutch/ect slide out.

I don't think oiling/heating/prying will work especially if you heat too much or pry in the wrong place or on the wrong thing.

I've ran into more problems. Flywheel rod bushing went out (bottom end full of metal shavings). I did fashion a homemade bushing for the wrist pin using a brass pressure fitting (seemed to of held up for 500km but plan to replace). I stripped the heads of 3 screws holding the case together:mad: The quality of the fastening hardware is horrible (Started to replace as I go). All in all I'm not too mad, for 5500km I got my moneys worth. If anymore problems arise I think I'm heading now the 4-stroke road. Still working on that clutch though :cool:

Back