Pulled over :(

johnsteve

Local time
1:32 AM
So, I am driving around like I normally do, to and from other towns and cities in the Chicago western suburbs called Warrenville. The cop tells me that I am not allowed to use a gasoline motor on the public streets of Warrneville.............. Yea, right. OK no problem, I had to peddle about 1.5 blocks to my home on flat land. As soon as I got home, I went straight to the library and copied the Illinois code pertaining to motored bicycle. Then I proceeded to go to the police station and talked to the person in charge. he wanted to look up the statue and I told him it was not necessary, as I had a copy for his to look over.

He then looks at it and reads it over that agrees that the cop that pulled me over was in the wrong. He said that he would talk to the officer and set them straight.

Sometimes, laws are upheld.

I am glad to know that I had access to that information and can prove my illegality, without a ticket. Now keep in mind that I have been riding my bicycle in this town of about 3000, for about 18 months or so, and I thought all the cops new about it I see them all the time, when I am out on my bike. I guess this one woman did not know about it, or about my bicycle. Now I am keeping a copy if that law in my pocket at all times, because ............ well....... ya never know.

Can't "use a gasoline motor"?! What was he driving?! I'd have done the same thing. In my experience the police can be highly unpredictable beings and it's best to get away quietly if possible.

Last edited:
Yeah great job bro! Still waiting to get popped here in ks where it's verboten!

Read your state law very carefully. Just because MB's are allowed, there can still be a hundred infractions of that law they can nail you on. Not only does my state have a lot of fine print in the motorized bicycle law, but there is also a very vague and undefined law that applies to ALL motor vehicles, called "reasonable and prudent" If anything were ever open to interpretation, that is.

I was stopped, while being stoped at a stop sign. No law breaking here. Yea everyone needs to obey the laws, so it gives motored bicycles a good name. I dont know, but I just dont think we are there yet.

Back