Pumping Carburetor.

F

fetor56

Has anyone had any experience with this type of carby & do they know another place that sells them cos Bicycle-engines.com is out of stock?
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/carburetor-rear-mounted-engine-p-152.html
spx_file002.jpg

technically a "diaphragm" carburetor

try contacting "walbro" directly...i'm not real hip to matching specs to need but i'm sure they make a compatible carby.

Plz let me know if you have any luck with this. I was planning on using one of those eventually to move the tank from the top of the titan to the front of the bike. I know how long it can take bicycle-engines to re order anything so if you find another option I'd love to hear about it. :)

-Jesse

Aug:thanks man,i'll try walbro as see how i go.
vyzhion:my idea with my Titan is to use a larger tank not on top of the engine to reduce the overall height & increase fuel range....if i'm successful i'll PM you & if u can do the same.

That's exactly what I had in mind as well... I have my eyes on a peanut tank from an old Harley that will just fit on my bike. 3.1 gallons will get me pretty far I think. Keep me posted. Thanks! :)

Hey guys, just looked at the fuel pump on an old pressure washer engine I have. Engine is a 4 hp Honda, and it has a separate fuel pump that runs off the pulses from the crankcase. Kind of interesting. Let me know if you are interested..I'll check on a few more particulars. It is fairly large, but might work for your application.

Denny

ibdennyak:
Yep,i know what your talking about...a guy from a Honda dealership near me can make that sort of setup but it's a bit of experimentation cos really the smallest engine it's meant for is 100cc.I figured it's easier & cheaper if i just get a carb that pumps right from the start(IF the quality is there & it works properly)
Taa for the remider,ALWAYS good to have a Plan B. :)

its always good to check your local lawnmower shop, they should stock all different carby's. Well mine does, its a STHL Shop.

Hope that helps, XD

From Brendon.v

I saw some where online where a guy used a 1/4 in line from his exaust to add a couple of extra lbs of pressure above 14.7 to pressurize his tank. It was neat as heck. I cant think of where I saw it now but that was his answer to a fuel pump. No relief valve was needed because of the way he inserted the tube into his exhaust only provided the necessary xtra couple of psi needed, then there was a rubber hose going to a tube on the gas cap. This was months ago when I was 1st looking online at mabs.

I saw some where online where a guy used a 1/4 in line from his exaust to add a couple of extra lbs of pressure above 14.7 to pressurize his tank. It was neat as heck. I cant think of where I saw it now but that was his answer to a fuel pump. No relief valve was needed because of the way he inserted the tube into his exhaust only provided the necessary xtra couple of psi needed, then there was a rubber hose going to a tube on the gas cap. This was months ago when I was 1st looking online at mabs.

Hmmmm. Venting exhaust directly into the gas tank. That sounds like a recipe for an exploding gas tank... What happens when a bit of smoldering carbon buildup (a spark) gets sent up the 1/4 inch tube?

Back