"PureStock" Zeda80 build.

I spoke with Dan who builds the lightning strike today for about an hour.

He went through all his upgrades and changes made to the new box and I'm sold on it...he also does an improved OZ super magneto with even larger gauge wire than OZ used and fixed the ground wire connection problem some of them seem to have.

He admitted to his last boxes faults and insures his new box is way better and makes more power everywhere.

For $65 shipped I'm gonna try it compared to a stock CDI and see how it does.

I think I let the cat out of the bag on a fb page I had that he joined briefly where I mentioned I was doing the same

I will be doing the same with some, using high strand silicone wire

Just remember not one curve will be perfect for all engines
Different compressions likes different timing

It’s why most cdi are model specific

I have a box of oz magnetos

I wonder what the ground issue is, never heard of any mention of it

Ive Sold a few of them with no issues at all.

I have a box of oz magnetos

I wonder what the ground issue is, never heard of any mention of it

Ive Sold a few of them with no issues at all.

Just a poor solder connection..having un wrapped a bunch of them some even had broken connections is what Dan was saying.

I have an oz mag that I'll probably un-wrap and see how the connection looks before I use it.

I might try his improved version with the even thicker gauge wrap.

That would be great

Thanks heaps
Stock Zeda measurements in mm's.
Cylinder height with no gaskets. 69.60
Top of piston to top of cyl. with 2 base gaskets 1.45
Top of cyl. to top of exhaust 28.03
Top of cyl. to top of transfer 30.79
Top of cyl. to bottom of intake 57.98
I'm going to pull another Zeda engine to check it's numbers for consistency. Right off the top of my head I remember another Zeda cyl. having 3.5mm of blow down stock. With this one having only 2.76 I'm hoping the the transfers are somewhat consistent, and the exhaust is the variable.

I'm going to pull another Zeda engine to check it's numbers for consistency. Right off the top of my head I remember another Zeda cyl. having 3.5mm of blow down stock. With this one having only 2.76 I'm hoping the the transfers are somewhat consistent, and the exhaust is the variable.
Thanks Gary will compare them shortly

I will be interested in the consistency also

Thanks again

Last edited:

Very interesting, I’ve just done it rough but the super PK80 is the same apart from the transfers being 31.9-32 ...

I’ve never had the chance to check consistency till now
I might start taking a few notes

That’s why I started the “who’s who in the zoo” thread but it’s quickly gone off topic:rolleyes: Just like this thread haha
I wanted to know manufacturers

Topic Title:
"PureStock" Zeda80 build.

It seems like anything but.
Non of the bolt ons Ive mentioned are going on the build at first.

Imagine what the motor looks like completely stock and that's what you'll see...air filter and all...better yet add a small 13mm NT carb and filter to this pic and a stock exhaust pipe.
IMG_20171013_194119.jpg

It would also help to know what purestock pertains to in drag racing to understand what the build is about.

I will be interested in the consistency also

Thanks again
Second Zeda cyl. in mm's - First Zeda cyl.
cyl. height 69.61 - height 69.60
top of exhaust 28.28 - top of exhaust 28.03
top of transfer 32 - top of transfer 30.79
bottom of intake 58.6 - bottom of intake 57.98
I would conclude these inconsistencies along with a noticeable difference in port sizes that the findings of one persons experience as opposed to another's with these stock engines will not be the same. It will be interesting, but not conclusive as to what anyone else should expect form their's.

Back