"PureStock" Zeda80 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting on a scale so I can finish up the piston to show before and after weights as well as the pin after drilling.

Pretty much the before and after differences with the rod,piston and pin after lightening.

I have another stock piston to use to get a stock weight...I didn't think about smoothing out edges taking away weight although a minute amount.

Wanting to keep things as accurate as possible.

Amazon prime saying I should have my new scale tommorow (Monday).

Haven't had much progress with the transfer ports as it's been difficult without the proper tooling to get in there like I wanted...I may need to bite the bullet and get a dentists drill or a pencil grinder and a little air compressor so I can do what I'm wanting to with it.

I tried those cardboard finger nail files to get the major casting lip off the bottoms and that's working but getting the port clean on the exit sides which have major sharp casting edges blocking flow has proven a difficult task thus far.

Last edited:
Got in my scale but just now able to get some weights..content added to the piston mods.

Got in my scale but just now able to get some weights..content added to the piston mods.
I'm really not convinced that those two pistons had the same starting weight.
To lighten the piston by 1 gram you would have needed to remove 0.37 cubic centimetres of aluminium, and I don't think you removed anything like that amount. (My piston lightening was far more extensive and yet only removed 1.5g)
Anyway I'm sure it's the end result that matters.

I'm really not convinced that those two pistons had the same starting weight.
To lighten the piston by 1 gram you would have needed to remove 0.37 cubic centimetres of aluminium, and I don't think you removed anything like that amount. (My piston lightening was far more extensive and yet only removed 1.5g)
Anyway I'm sure it's the end result that matters.

It is a different piston but a stock one...I agree one may weigh less stock over another...It's best I can do since I did the work before getting a weight...had scale issues and was impatient.

The stock piston I weighed will get the same work done as I'm doing with this one plus maybe a little more so, I'll have a more accurate weight difference to go with.

I guess I did good starting with the lighter of the 2 pistons..lol

Last edited:
I’m going to chuck a piston pin in the lathe tomorrow and see what I can do with it to lighten it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back