Push Trailer Hookup

that is a good idea but i still dont no how i am giong to hook it up to the bike.
i want to be able to hook it up to any bike but i am haveing trouble with it it is pretty heavy and with the one wheele it is turning out to be harder than i thought

Hey Craig, I checked out your homepage and video on the Dauphinais Bike. How do you like that setup? What engine are you running and does it get in the way when you have to peddle? Also, how is the power from a stop and on hills? Dude, if you can build those bikes then im sure you can come up with something cool for the trailer. What are your main concerns on the trailer setup?

hi rgvkid thanks i am glad you like my page the motor is a Baja 196cc it goes pretty good i have a 10 tooth sproket in the front and a 48 thooth sprooket in the back it takes right off i dont even have to pedle. I had the crank made wider so it would clear the motor. I also did look at thoes bikes that hook up to the back and i wish i could get the part that hooks up to the seatpost i could build the rest of it but it looks like i am going to have to buy the whole thing. I saw one on ebay for 56bucks but i am going to have to wait till after xmas

Bikeman6969, I was looking at 196cc Baja engines today, and noticed that there's two yellow wires that are for powering the headlight on the baja bike originally.

Have you used these wires to power a light or charge a battery on your bike? Is it 6V or 12V? I'm thinking since the baja engine has this, and the Blue HF engine does not, that the baja engine may be better for our bikes and trailers than the blue engines.

If so, I'll remove my blue 196cc engine from my trailer and replace with a black 196cc baja and charge my batteries with it.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Thats what i was going to do is buy a kid trailer and just use the joint. There was one here in LA for $40, at first i thought I'd rather pay the $40 rather then take the time to make on. But now i think im going to just fab one up using a Drive shaft U-joint like the guy in the Youtube link. I'll post the link.

I was thinking something like this, although the seat post mount might better with less sided to side sway when torque is put onto the hitch from the motor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq20jjZSYRg

Attachments

• Trailer hitch1.jpg
    Trailer hitch1.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 426
i bought the motor at tractor supply the reason i bought it was because it fit in my frame i did not know that it could charge a battery with it thanks for the info

Back