Putting together my Phantom.

That is a world I'm not going to visit for a while.
Willitboost did some casing several months ago which got my interest up. He 3d printed a manifold that he then casted.
I will make wood patterns to cast.
I have three machines, two filament, one resin.

The filament one I spent hours programming and designing it's own parts, sadly it's been "unemployed" for 3 years.

Its a very cool hobby, but a soul crushing one when a 3 day print fails with 20 minutes left.

I have three machines, two filament, one resin.

The filament one I spent hours programming and designing it's own parts, sadly it's been "unemployed" for 3 years.

Its a very cool hobby, but a soul crushing one when a 3 day print fails with 20 minutes left.
Yeah, it sucks when long prints fail. I want to get another printer since ai got rid of mine since I wasn't using it.

Yeah, it sucks when long prints fail. I want to get another printer since ai got rid of mine since I wasn't using it.
Resin is unbelievable, but getting dimensional accuracy is very tough.
This guy took 6 full days of printing and a gallon of resin, 9 parts I think.
1000000024.jpg

1000000106.jpg

It's also very messy, stinky and bad for the environment if you aren't responsible.

I wouldn't know were to start. Absolutely no experience with CAD or any kind of rendering software at all.
I make patterns with 0.5 mm carbon fiber using the direct transfer method is about as high tech as I get.

I wouldn't know were to start. Absolutely no experience with CAD or any kind of rendering software at all.
I make patterns with 0.5 mm carbon fiber using the direct transfer method is about as high tech as I get.
I can only do very rudementy 2D and 3D CAD stuff, I use Fusion 3D.

I'm very good at ”slicing" models for printing, but that is simply experience, patience and a keen eye to spot problem areas.

Back