Putting together my Phantom.

Unless you cold chiseled and filed that into shape by hand, the best you will get from me is "fabricator." 😜
And you expect poor little Gordy to "Flintstone" his homemade parts together like I have to...lol...If I had all his fancy tools I sure wouldn't have built my crap by hand the way I did...lol...I would have definitely taken the easy way out...lol...lol.

What I wouldn't do for a CNC machine, a welder at home and a garage...

I at least have access to a welder and drill press, but 30 miles from my project.

I only used my drill press, an angle grinder, and files to get it cut down. I used a 600 grit on the random orbital sander to get the finish. The best part is the finish matches the wheels.
20240213_214459.jpg

And the whizzer stand fits! (Minor modifications made lol)
20240215_213915.jpg

20240215_214021.jpg

After moving the mounting location and adding some exaust clamps to cradle the frame it fits quite nicely. I am gonna take it to school and weld it up so I can have some better quality welds than I can get with my flux core (plus I'm almost out of wire)

View attachment 208177
View attachment 208178
After moving the mounting location and adding some exaust clamps to cradle the frame it fits quite nicely. I am gonna take it to school and weld it up so I can have some better quality welds than I can get with my flux core (plus I'm almost out of wire)

I'm glad your making that center stand work for you but... I don't think your stand is a Whizzer stand,

Cradle for the bottom bracket
DSCF7128.JPG

spring is in the center
DSCF7129.JPG

I'm glad your making that center stand work for you but... I don't think your stand is a Whizzer stand,

Cradle for the bottom bracket
View attachment 208181
spring is in the center
View attachment 208185
No, it is a whizzer stand, it's just been cut up and rearranged before. I thought the same thing at first, but after looking at it alot I figured it jad been Frankensteind sometime in the past.

View attachment 208177
View attachment 208178
Try some E71T-11 wire next time, much better stuff according to what I've been reading. Of course it's more expensive but you can do multi passes with it. Also, it has to conform to set standards were the GS wire doesn't have a set standard so it is inconsistent between manufacturers.
I haven't tried it yet but I have some on order.

No, it is a whizzer stand, it's just been cut up and rearranged before. I thought the same thing at first, but after looking at it alot I figured it jad been Frankensteind sometime in the past.
It'n not a Whizzer stand anymore, it's a Frankenstein Stand

Back