Q-Matic 2-speed ??

What If....

What if, HECK! Just make sure you let me know about kit form including motor, and production time estimates!! From the description I would like that bad boy! Got a purdy bike it needs to go on. Saving for other kits at the moment but would change direction if this comes out soon enough.

Hi Stan4d,

We have received a large number of calls including many from our dealers asking us to continue the project. It appears many are interested in this project, so we will do our part to make it a reality.

As soon as we finish the second small prototype production run and finish some minor testing we will consider making a few for in-field testing. We are totally sure from the single test 2-speed drive that the principal is 100% sound and will be the most durable drive system in the marketplace. In order to make the drive as cost effective as possible we must design it so that it is easy to assemble and service[our next task].

The only problem with the first production prototypes is cost. It costs more to have parts custom made as opposed to quantity production runs.

I would suggest keeping in contact with us concerning availability. We promise to work on this project as much as possible and do our best to get the cost as low as possible.

Have fun,

dont want to be the dead thread guy but what ever happend to this can i expect it anytime soon ? i love my ezm but would love to climb some hills and still go fast

We have two operating 2-speed proto-types. They work well, but the cost to manufactor is still way too high. The problem is using 2 MaxTorque clutches in the drive. One is the stock clutch, however the second clutch used to shift to overdrive adds another $100.00 to the cost.

We will keep the project alive in hopes that some shop will reduce our costs enough to be able to offer at a reasonable price.

have fun,

dont forget the predators :cool: .

have you placed a 2 speed on one yet ? sure would be cool to see in action .

hope the shops wise up sooner than later.

be safe out thier .

Hi andrewflores17,

It was tested on both the 79CC and 99CC H F motors. It works best on low RPM motors because of the RPM range. The HS 49 and Honda 50 motors operate from 2200 to 7800 RPMs with a spread of 5600 RPMs, whereas the HF motor operate from 1100 to 4500 RPMs.

I had to remove the 2 speed from the test bike with the 99CC HF motor as we needed to test the Q-Matic drive for longevity on the larger 99CC motor.

Have fun,

008.jpg011.jpgive got a polini rep 46cc motorizedbike revs 14.000 rpm how much 4 a 2 speed right now interested ? or would love to test 1 for your reserch would be a fun learning curve . keep it in mind . would pay and keep u up to date on findings thank u

question where do I get the ezm transmission plz hook me with a website I can buy one from thanks martin.

Sadly we gave up the project due to cost.

It required the use of 2 Max torque clutches and various other parts. We have a working prototype, but stopped testing due to mfg. cost. Have recently considered reviving the project due to recent changes in our drive system. We now have a wider range of "ticking" speeds making the drive more adjustable. Have fun,
Quenton

Back