Q-Matic drive sytem

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent news Quenton !
I am working mine hard and am getting used to an auto clutch
(it is a big difference after 3+ yrs of using a manual)
my daughter is almost ready to ride mine pulling the trailer !!!
(she has refused to even sit on any of my bikes prior to the auto !!!)
I think the ease of use and very low maintenance will make this a huge winner :):):)

I have been using an EZM since since they first came out...
I have been very happy with my decision to finally upgrade to a 4cycle kit
the people behind the company (Quenton and Mike) are well known and have been excellent to do business with

now, with the Q-Matic ...
the choice is clear LOL
go with american designed/made and keep more of the $$$'s stateside
I am now almost 2900 miles on my EZM...
almost 300 with the new Q-Matic trans I upgraded to (2600m at trans swap)
pulls like a champ and is excellent on gas (175-200mpg)

PS... I would like to make an open invitation to anyone here that can make it to Fountain Hills
contact me and come take a test ride !!!
then, you can judge for yourself

Really is a sweet set up. Silent as advertised and does what it is supposed to, well. Was ridding RustcoRay's Atlas's a while back. I could not stop saying and thinking that "this is what I wanted in a MB b4 I had my first kit"

I enjoy the sound of a 4 smoker. The GB, not so much.

I'm with you Bill. Love dem 4 smokers. With a good tranny, is the way to go.

(lol, this was an uncompensated endorsement :giggle:)

I have been using an EZM since since they first came out...
I have been very happy with my decision to finally upgrade to a 4cycle kit
the people behind the company (Quenton and Mike) are well known and have been excellent to do business with

now, with the Q-Matic ...
the choice is clear LOL
go with american designed/made and keep more of the $$$'s stateside
I am now almost 2900 miles on my EZM...
almost 300 with the new Q-Matic trans I upgraded to (2600m at trans swap)
pulls like a champ and is excellent on gas (175-200mpg)

PS... I would like to make an open invitation to anyone here that can make it to Fountain Hills
contact me and come take a test ride !!!
then, you can judge for yourself

I did inquire about Q-matic several times in the past, never got clear answer about any technical details or availability which as anybody knows was delayed many times.
My last inquiry was with Florida Q-matic dealer, who offered to sell me one, but when I asked some question about this drive he never bothered to answer.

So guys, if want to sell this highly acclaimed but still in many ways mysterious product you need to answer questions about it to the potential buyers.

I want to know how does it work, why it is better than most of anything else on the market as you claim, gearing options, gearing range, weight etc. just some basic questions anybody needs to have answered before making buying decision.

I am now over 3000 miles on the EZM and 400 on the q-matic :)
I am very happy with my decision to go 4cycle !!!:):):)

Hi Bill,

Have you noticed any difference concerning gas mileage between the Q-Matic and the Silent power drives?

Sadly I wasn't able to compare the mileage between the two drive systems because I installed the Honda test motor at the same time that I changed from the Silent Power to the Q-Matic.

I am only getting around 175 MPG with the Q-Matic and the Honda motor, whereas the HS & Silent Power was above 185 MPG.

I am using the same carburetor on the new setup, but comparing the HS & Honda motors is somewhat like an "apples & oranges" comparison.

Have fun,

Last edited:
I am getting a little less mpg with the auto (approx 185 Q-Matic v 195 Silent Power) as well
my numbers are from same bike (the Jag), same engine (HuaSheng)
the manual was with a 50T sprocket and the auto a 56T
I think my running at 20-22 mph (AZ speed limit is 20) is the reason for the higher numbers over Quenton's
I am changing to a 72T sprocket shortly and expect mileage to drop to 150-60 (oh no ! ;))
I will let everyone know what my results are after using for a few weeks :)

Hi Bill,

Can you post pictures with the latest Q-Matic drive modifications for members of this site to see our continued testing?

Hi andyszyd,

I will and can answer any questions concerning the Q-Matic differences as compared to all other drive options.

Primary belt drive.......Silent [no chain or gear noise]

Ratios can easily be changed at 4 locations throughout the system, first the primary drive pulley on the motor, secondly the secondary drive pulley, the chain sprocket drive can be enlarged from 10 to 11 teeth, and lastly the rear sprocket can be from 44 to 62 teeth. Some of our dealers even installed a rear belt drive system with a wider range of options.

The clutch [special MaxTorque] is suspended between 2 large hi speed bearings [no one else uses this system]. The clutch ISN'T attached to the motor crankshaft; therefore the motor spins up much quicker without the additional flywheel action.

The Q-Matic primary belt drive buffers the clutch balance for a smoother operating system.

Many [not all] replacement parts can be purchased "off the shelve" if needed [pulleys, belts, springs, bolt, nuts, etc].

Q-Matic drives are mostly constructed with "space age" metal alloys and the weight is very light [approx. 6.5 pounds].

Q-Matic drives are very thin [approx 2" wide from the actual motor].

Q-Matics cost less than "home made versions" because of our quantity purchasing power.

Q-Matics have a 1-year warranty.

Q-Matic drives are American made [Keeping Americans working].

Q-Matics are completely tested by actual motorbike riders and have THOUSANDS of real miles in the saddle.

Q-Matic drive warranty claims are under .01% of total sales to date.

Price is $259.75 plus shipping. We are shipping daily.

Hope this covered your questions, but if not, please ask again.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back