Q-matic Mirage!!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 4613

I am quickly losing interest in the q-matic drive as I no longer believe the company can offer a production drive. To put something into production means having the capability to purchase each part in sufficient volume to have it maufactured at a reasonable cost. And here's where Grubee has delivered, because his manufacturing cost is so low, he is able to produce volume where an American company gets kicked to death. So when a company claims they are sold out when they are barely into production, it just means they couldn't finance sufficient volume to put their unit into production. After waiting for this q-matic drive forever, now they claim they are sold out. Sure!

maybe it means that the demand was far more than anticipated
I have mine, and it works better than I expected :)

all you ever do is rag about EZM....is there a particular reason ???

I am quickly losing interest in the q-matic drive as I no longer believe the company can offer a production drive. To put something into production means having the capability to purchase each part in sufficient volume to have it maufactured at a reasonable cost. And here's where Grubee has delivered, because his manufacturing cost is so low, he is able to produce volume where an American company gets kicked to death. So when a company claims they are sold out when they are barely into production, it just means they couldn't finance sufficient volume to put their unit into production. After waiting for this q-matic drive forever, now they claim they are sold out. Sure!

I lost interest already, after several inquires with 3 Q-matic people (dealers), 2 ignored me, I got 1 response, then when I asked when and where can I get it, I got no response.

Those guys are running the worst marketing campaign I ever seen.

With their attitude and approach I seriously doubt this product will ever be succesful.

I have no opinion about merits or quality of q-matic drive, they are very secretive about it.

For all I was able to find it is an "improved clutch" hooked up to belt pulley for RPM reduction. So it does not sounds like anything exiting or revolutionary.

It is still single geared drive. It seems CVT tranny has more potential, it is much cheaper, proven and reliable.

If somebody came up with simple reasonably priced chain or belt drive kit allowing CVT hook up, that would turn your MB into scooter allowing to better utilize engine power at different speeds, more efficient and pleasant ride, longer engine life.

Guys, this is a cottage industry. It's not like buying from Sears. There will be hiccups along the way. The issue is the product. Is it better? If so, a little inconvenience should be worth it. People are just to used to instantaneous service these days. Sometimes that just is not practical given the scale of the business and the realities of getting a new product and business up and running.

I've said before, I'll say it again- do it better and start your own business. I can't, so I'm not.

BTW- I do not have an EZM and have no current plans to get one- my bike is how I want it now....may some day, but I have no dog in this hunt.

Mike, what made you change your feelings in 6 hrs ???
I believe you will be surprised at how well it works :)
Andy, I believe I was one of the dealers you contacted, you are in FLA, I am in AZ, not much I can help you with face to face, there are lots of dealers closer to you than me

The confusion here is the use of the words "in production," which normally means manufacturing to produce a sizable stock of product, let's say at least 50-100 units in stock at any time. This production here is more on a scale of made to order. With all the dealers representing this unit, it gives the impression of true commercial stocking production. It's not realy a matter of demand outstripping supply, because there just aren't that many folks who are interested in purchasing a motorized bicycle kit. I going to guess that the entire sales in the US from all suppliers accounts for no more than 200 motorized bicycles per month.

I was going to buy a complete kit from Mike in Sac. thats 650 plus. Maybe I'll order one later after my new Skyhawk/Grubee stops working.

Back