Quad transfer ports

Frogslayer

Local time
3:48 AM
I recently ported and dimpled a 32cc Mac chainsaw that was given to me for free and was impressed by the quad transfer ports inside. My 52cc China saw just had two big transfers and a poulan i honed had two small transfers. The China girl i just got has the quad transfers like the Mac. Just an observation.

Do you have any pictures? Is it 4 transfers or is it the open transfers with the divider in them?

Oh that’s normal there’s 3 different designs I think an open port, walled port and the split ports. If I didnt say that right sorry. Some people add extra ports on their own don’t know how much it does but if you casematch it must help.

I desperately do need to case match as i had to rotate my cylinder 180 to fit in my small frame and while there is enough material to seal the ports aren't matched up well at all. I will do that after break in was my plan. Port match and dimple new short straight intake so my carb rests level. Widen and dimple intake port, widen and smooth and polish exhaust, dimple piston and head, match transfer ports with case and dimple and possibly remove bridge. Sand head, shorten baffle tube. There must be something I'm missing but this is generally what I do to chain saws and man when you cut for a living a fast saw is a safe saw.

I desperately do need to case match as i had to rotate my cylinder 180 to fit in my small frame and while there is enough material to seal the ports aren't matched up well at all. I will do that after break in was my plan. Port match and dimple new short straight intake so my carb rests level. Widen and dimple intake port, widen and smooth and polish exhaust, dimple piston and head, match transfer ports with case and dimple and possibly remove bridge. Sand head, shorten baffle tube. There must be something I'm missing but this is generally what I do to chain saws and man when you cut for a living a fast saw is a safe saw.
Why would you do all this dimple work? and for what purpose is it on the piston and head?

I know it sounds like voodoo and even on bench flow tests there are no flow gains but it increases turbulence and heat and energy transfer area. Trust me people have argued there fingers right off on the keyboards both ways for this mod but when you cut with the same saw before mod and after mod or cut with two identical saws but one with mod one with out you will believe. Please don't take my word for it. It does make 90cc chainsaws outrun 125cc saws though i know from experience. Sorry for the long winded answer but that's my why lol

Back